Virtual Care Coordinator
Avon, CT| Virtual Care Coordinators
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Undergraduate degree, preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in a medical office administration or customer service in a clinical field required
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Epic experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and type quickly; basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with insurance preferred
- Welcome incoming patients to the Virtual Experience.
- Check patients in for appointments and secure the necessary paperwork and insurance documentation
- Answer the patient’s questions and provide a comfort zone for patients in preparation for a visit
- Resolve most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Serve as the Virtual facilitator, including communicating with the technical staff regarding patient flow, patient address needs and keeping the patient informed on the visit.
- Ensure that each patient has an effortless patient experience
- Conduct patient registration duties, including interviews to verify patient information, including records of medical history and confirm the purpose of visit.
- Verify insurance information and collect and processing co-pays.
- Understand patient payment options, communicate amount the patient is to pay and collect money without adversely affecting customer service.
- Communicate as needed with the Regional Operations Manager regarding patient information and challenges concerning the collection of patient responsible amounts
- Responsible for coordination of the virtual visit and ensure connectivity has been established between the patient and the provider.
- Informs the Regional Operations Manager if any issues arise
- Assist in other areas of the office as needed.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, has a population of 125,000 and something to offer everyone, with a mix of history, culture, entertainment and excellent restaurants. Hartford’s nearby suburbs are also a great place to live and work. Avon is home to beautiful Found Land Park and a historic one-room schoolhouse. Bloomfield features magnificent Penwood State Park. Roaring Brook Nature Center and Sweetheart Mountain’s tranquil trails are just outside Canton. These communities and others offer welcoming neighborhoods, good schools and an outstanding quality of life.