Vice President, Business Development
( Joint Ventures )
Atlanta, GA | Business Development / Sales
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we go above and beyond for our patients, team members, partners and communities by ensuring that their experience is effortless, personal and connected. All of our 150+ GoHealth Urgent Care centers are seamlessly integrated with market-leading health systems and engaged with our communities.
Reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer, the VP of Business Development Joint Ventures will be responsible for leading our nationwide joint venture growth initiatives, including all aspects of joint venture business development, from identifying prospective health system partnerships, to structuring and closing deals. As a vitally important member of the business development team, the VP of BD is responsible for working with the CBDO in formulating and executing GoHealth Urgent Care’s expansion strategy.
This includes rigorously evaluating new markets and all inbound partnership opportunities, conducting analyses and due diligence on all potential joint ventures, proactively identifying markets and potential partners for growth, and building relationships externally with top executives in large health systems and other strategic and channel partners. Moreover, the VP of BD JV will be charged with managing and driving forward the entire deal process.
This person will be an effective leader and collaborator working across the organization and a highly competent, hands-on team player focused on collaborative growth and results.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 15 years of business development required
- 10 years in the healthcare industry required
- Highly strategic in all settings; can look at multiple partnership opportunities and conduct due diligence on different markets/deals, and prioritize accordingly
- Proven business development and partnership cultivation experience, ideally scoping complex, multi-year deals in the provider and/or health system setting
- Has significant experience building relationships with the C-suite of large health systems; deeply understands the market, challenges and opportunities facing these organizations
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple relationships and deal processes (navigating complex organizations) over long deal cycles
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability and personal maturity
- Passion for healthcare and the mission that innovative offerings serve in creating value for the healthcare ecosystem
- Proactively and strategically identify potential expansion markets, including selection and pursuit of specific health systems (for profit and not-for-profit) that would be strong partners for GoHealth UC.
- Evaluate inbound partnership opportunities as they come in to GoHealth UC, evaluating the viability of, and prioritization for, each opportunity through careful consideration of numerous factors, including capital resources, market demographics, potential partnership attributes and other relevant factors.
- Engage with and serve as the primary point of contact between GoHealth UC and prospective health system partners, developing deep, long-term relationships with the C-suite and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the full deal/partnership process, negotiating definitive agreement terms and working closely both internally and externally to ensure alignment among all parties.
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with GoHealth UC’s leadership team, including CEO, CFO, COO, GC, CPO, development teams, and relevant market leaders on potential partnerships, gaining buy-in and insight as required.
- Articulate the differentiating factors for GoHealth UC’s business model including critical details and, including but not limited to their competitive advantages and unique value proposition relative to other urgent care companies.
- Partners and consults with internal leaders and frontline staff to ensure strategic and business plan strategies are executed.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.