Urgent Care Technician (Paramedic)
Hewlett, NY | Paramedic
Position Summary:In a collaborative manner, the Pediatric Care Specialist (Paramedic) provides support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication. Responsibilities include front desk registration, patient vital sign collection, social and medical history collection, point of care testing and provider assistance with in office procedures.
This role completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through: an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Courage and Integrity and Accountability.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates Degree, preferred.
- Successfully completion of an approved New York State Paramedic course.
- 0-2+ years of Paramedic experience
- 3+ years of Paramedic experience preferred
- Pediatric care experience preferred
The following certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire:
- Certification by the New York State Department of Health as Paramedic, required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ACLS) required
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated competency in, at least, one of the following.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) testing
- Venipuncture procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.