Training Specialist - North Carolina
Charlotte, NC | Clinical Education & Training
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
Responsible for development, facilitation and coordination of training programs for the clinic operations staff. This role partners closely with the market leadership to manage, coordinate and evaluate the facilitation of staff on-boarding, new-hire orientation, and delivery of training projects.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate from an accredited clinical program, including but not limited to Medical Assistant, Nursing, etc.
- 1+ years experience in a clinical staff role, including but not limited to Medical Assistant, LPN, RN, etc.
- Training, learning development or related experience required
- Experience using Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Urgent care experience preferred.
- MA Certification (AAMA, NCCT, CMA, RMA) or higher clinical professional license (RN - Registered Nurse)
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient use and understanding of medical terminology
- Clinical skills in Point of Care Testing, vitals intake, clinical laboratory procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Develop and deliver new clinical team member onboarding, training and coordinate clinical shadow shifts.
- Track and manage training evaluation process via knowledge assessments, training performance evaluations and reaction surveys.
- Facilitate and lead GoHealth New-hire Orientation for the market, coordinating with market leaders as necessary.
- Develop and maintain operational and educational resources including workflows, bulletins and use of Share Point resources.
- Facilitate yearly clinical competency assessments and conduct follow up training as necessary.
- Facilitatetraining for new operational implementations and/or workflows within the market.
- Partner with Manager, Clinical Learning and People Learning Team to support and work on learning projects across the organization. Also partner and lead the market’s Learning Coach team.
- Contribute and work with operations on supporting Medical Assistant coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel within the market is required and some travel to other markets may be required for this role.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Winston-Salem and Charlotte are both among U.S. News & World Report’s Top 50 Best Places to Live.
Winston-Salem is a region on the rise with a population of 654,589 and strong southern roots. It’s friendly and diverse—retaining a small-town feel—and features fabulous restaurants, inviting neighborhoods and trendy apartments. For the adventurous, there are many local hiking trails, state parks, Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock and Piedmont Quarry. Premier attractions include the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art and the Reynolda House Museum of American Art.
Charlotte boasts the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, The Mint Museum and the Levine Museum of the New South. And with a population approaching 2.4 million, Charlotte offers much to see and do—from local craft breweries, numerous parks and greenway trails to excellent shopping and dining, downtown theaters and nightlife to the PNC Music Pavilion. Catch an NFL Carolina Panthers football game, cheer on the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, or take in a Charlotte Knights baseball game. It’s all here, served by excellent public transportation, Amtrak and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.