Team Leader: Radiologic Technologist
Hartford, CT | Radiologic Technologist
Position Summary:The Team Leader is responsible for providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to assigned centers and staff. The Team Leader will provide administrative support and coordinate daily staff activities to ensure efficient operation of GoHealth Urgent Care Centers:
- North Region: Enfield, Windsor, Avon Torrington, Bishop’s Corner, Corbin’s Corner
- West Region: Cheshire, Meriden, Bristol, Southington, Newington, Wethersfield
- East Region: New London, Norwich, Glastonbury, Vernon, Manchester and South Windsor
The Team Leader completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to provide “Unparalleled Experiences” and GO above and beyond for our customers, team members, partners and communities by ensuring that their experience is effortless, personal and connected.
This role is also responsible for providing a variety of technical procedures and apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis for our GoHealth Urgent Care patients
- Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology program required.
- 2+ years Radiology Technologist experience
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration required
- Applicable state licensure as a Radiologic Technologist required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software preferred
- Support one another and partner as a team
- Actively listen, seek feedback and check for understanding
- Be a servant leader to our customers, team members, partners and communities
- Don’t assume that you always have the right answer
- Create shared success by leveraging the strengths of the entire team
- Embrace new ideas, processes and tools
- Challenge the status quo
- Creatively solve problems
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Test, assess, adjust and learn
- Assume positive intent
- Recognize, value and celebrate our differences
- Respect, connect with and learn from each other
- Actively engage others’ strengths and talents, especially when they are different than your own
- Act, think and listen without bias or prejudice
- Do the right thing, especially when it is more difficult
- Commit to organizational transparency
- Promote the truth, even when it is unpopular or controversial
- Be ethical, fair and authentic
- Share new ideas with conviction
- Take the initiative and seek more responsibility
- Be specific, objective and actionable
- Possess a bias towards action
- Deliver on time
- Drive results
- Support Team Members and Business Operations
- First level of approval for orders in Coupa for their locations for orders >$500; Final approver for orders <$499
- Ensure inventory counts are conducted monthly, review inventory data to ensure accuracy and submit with their approval to ROM
- Ensure payments are posted correctly to patients . Correct errors and report to updates that are needed based off of daily/weekly reviews
- Identify areas to improve workflow, work with team members on efficiency, customer service and overall experience for employees and patients.
- Ensure centers are staffed to model in accordance with Northwell – GoHealth staffing model that is based on volume
- Implement new process or process changes within their region
- Identify team members that are in need of training to improve performance or enhance experience. Training may be provided directly by ROM, Team Lead, Ops Specialist or training team
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with team members to ensure the team is supported, identify growth opportunities and provide both constructive and positive feedback
- Conduct interviews for open positions in their region, ensure the candidate has the skills and aligns with GH culture
- On call during weekends and after hours; responsible for answering workflow and insurance questions, find coverage for call outs using on call schedules and be available to the front line for issues
- Team members will call out to Team Leader, this role will be responsible for filling call outs
Responsible for x-ray services
- Under the direction of the clinical provider, perform x-ray services for patients by applying x-ray energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment of patients in all age groups from newborn to elderly.
- Ensure patients are positioned correctly on or in front of equipment and protected during use.
- Conduct patient registration, which includes securing required paperwork and insurance documentation, and verification of insurance and patient eligibility.
- Process co-pays and schedule patient appointments for assigned center
- Coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist
- Answer patient questions regarding their care and keep them informed of their status
Patient Preparation and Rooming
- Inform technical staff of patient flow.
- Prepare patients for examination, which includes conducting interviews to verify patient information, record medical history; confirm purpose of visit;
- Perform preliminary physical test (blood pressure, weight, temperature, etc.) for vital signs and escalate critical cases to provider as needed.
- Conduct point of care testing as needed (i.e., flu, strep, urinalysis, ECG, HCG); and provide patient information to provider.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and maintenance of exam rooms, front desk, and reception area; ensure providers have medical supplies needed
- Responsible for completing order sheets to maintain supply inventory levels; regularly check expiration dates on supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance of medical records and scanning charts to patient files.
- Answer phone calls, collect and sort daily incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- Ensure reception is well maintained
- Conduct curtsey call-backs for patient follow-up on care
- Perform opening and closing duties, which includes cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Follow operating instructions to perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment; maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control logs for equipment troubleshoot breakdowns, perform preventive maintenance, and submit repair tickets as needed.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
senior, senior-level, supervisor, radiologic technologist jobs, Urgent Care, x-ray, radiology, rad tech, Advanced X-Ray, Diagnostic Imaging Helper, Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman, Radiology Specialist, Job, emergency, healthcare, medical, clinical, health care, clinic, primary care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, has a population of 125,000 and something to offer everyone, with a mix of history, culture, entertainment and excellent restaurants. Hartford’s nearby suburbs are also a great place to live and work. Avon is home to beautiful Found Land Park and a historic one-room schoolhouse. Bloomfield features magnificent Penwood State Park. Roaring Brook Nature Center and Sweetheart Mountain’s tranquil trails are just outside Canton. These communities and others offer welcoming neighborhoods, good schools and an outstanding quality of life.