Team Leader (Medical Assistant - Springfield)
Springfield, MO | Medical Assistant
In a collaborative manner, the Team Leader Medical Assistant will provide support to Medical Providers, Medical Assistants and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Team Leader completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to provide “Unparalleled Experiences” and GO above and beyond for our customers, team members, partners and communities by ensuring that their experience is effortless, personal and connected.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assisting Program required
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Front Desk experience preferred
One of the following certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire:
- CMA - Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- RMA - Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA - National Certified Medical Association (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- ABR-OE - Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social difference
- Support one another and partner as a team
- Actively listen, seek feedback and check for understanding
- Be a servant leader to our customers, team members, partners and communities
- Don’t assume that you always have the right answer
- Create shared success by leveraging the strengths of the entire team
- Embrace new ideas, processes and tools
- Challenge the status quo
- Creatively solve problems
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Test, assess, adjust and learn
- Assume positive intent
- Recognize, value and celebrate our differences
- Respect, connect with and learn from each other
- Actively engage others’ strengths and talents, especially when they are different than your own
- Act, think and listen without bias or prejudice
- Do the right thing, especially when it is more difficult
- Commit to organizational transparency
- Promote the truth, even when it is unpopular or controversial
- Be ethical, fair and authentic
- Share new ideas with conviction
- Take the initiative and seek more responsibility
- Be specific, objective and actionable
- Possess a bias towards action
- Deliver on time
- Drive results
Support Team Members and Business Operations
- First level of approval for orders in Coupa for their locations for orders >$500; Final approver for orders <$499
- Ensure inventory counts are conducted monthly, review inventory data to ensure accuracy and submit with their approval to ROM
- Ensure payments are posted correctly to patients. Correct errors and report to updates that are needed based off of daily/weekly reviews
- Identify areas to improve workflow, work with team members on efficiency, customer service and overall experience for employees and patients.
- Ensure centers are staffed to model in accordance with Mercy GoHealth staffing model that is based on volume.
- Implement new process or process changes within their region
- Identify team members that are in need of training to improve performance or enhance experience. Training may be provided directly by ROM, Team Lead, Ops Specialist or training team
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with team members to ensure the team is supported, identify growth opportunities and provide both constructive and positive feedback
- Conduct interviews for open positions in their region, ensure the candidate has the skills and aligns with GH culture
- On call during weekends and after hours; responsible for answering workflow and insurance questions, find coverage for call outs using on call schedules and be available to the front line for issues
- Team members will call out to Team Leader, this role will be responsible for filling call outs
- Conduct patient registration, which includes securing required paperwork and insurance documentation, and verification of insurance and patient eligibility.
- Process co-pays and schedule patient appointments for assigned center
- Coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist
- Answer patient questions regarding their care and keep them informed of their status
- Inform technical staff of patient flow.
- Prepare patients for examination, which includes conducting interviews to verify patient information, record medical history; confirm purpose of visit;
- Perform preliminary physical test (blood pressure, weight, temperature, etc.) for vital signs and escalate critical cases to provider as needed.
- Conduct point of care testing as needed (i.e., flu, strep, urinalysis, ECG, HCG); and provide patient information to provider.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and maintenance of exam rooms, front desk, and reception area; ensure providers have medical supplies needed
- Responsible for completing order sheets to maintain supply inventory levels; regularly check expiration dates on supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance of medical records and scanning charts to patient files.
- Answer phone calls, collect and sort daily incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- Ensure reception is well maintained
- Conduct courtesy call-backs for patient follow-up on care
- Perform opening and closing duties, which includes cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Follow operating instructions to perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment; maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control logs for equipment troubleshoot breakdowns, perform preventive maintenance, and submit repair tickets as needed.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
St. Louis boasts the kind of cultural treasures you’d expect to see only in the very biggest American cities, with terrific recreational opportunities, from major league sports teams to spectacular parks and golf courses to beautiful hiking and canoeing nearby. St. Louis is a big city with the convenience and sense of connectedness of a smaller one.
Springfield, the Birthplace of Route 66, is home to several universities, including Missouri State University, Drury University, and Evangel University. Springfield is ranked among the best communities for young people with excellent public schools and an outstanding quality of life. With dozens of lakes and streams and four national parks and forest, it offers an exciting environment for people of all ages.