Team Leader (Medical Assistant) - Manhattan
New York, NY | Medical Assistant
EXCELLENT BONUS PROGRAM: Quarterly target bonus of up to 7% based on the customer satisfaction scores of your locations. AND up to $450 per month for a productivity bonus if certain center metrics are met.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assisting Program preferred
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant Experience
- 5+ years of experience or (medical) military experience in lieu of required certifications listed below
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross must be obtained within 6 months of hire
One of the following certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire:
- CCMA - Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA - Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA - Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA - National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technician (verified through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or LPN at the time of hire
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social difference
- First level of approval for orders in Coupa for their locations for orders >$500; Final approver for orders <$499
- Ensure inventory counts are conducted monthly, review inventory data to ensure accuracy and submit with their approval to ROM
- Ensure payments are posted correctly to patients . Correct errors and report to updates that are needed based off of daily/weekly reviews
- Identify areas to improve workflow, work with team members on efficiency, customer service and overall experience for employees and patients.
- Ensure centers are staffed to model in accordance with Northwell â€“ GoHealth staffing model that is based on volume
- Implement new process or process changes within their region
- Identify team members that are in need of training to improve performance or enhance experience. Training may be provided directly by ROM, Team Lead, Ops Specialist or training team
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with team members to ensure the team is supported, identify growth opportunities and provide both constructive and positive feedback
- Conduct interviews for open positions in their region, ensure the candidate has the skills and aligns with GH culture
- On call during weekends and after hours; responsible for answering workflow and insurance questions, find coverage for call outs using on call schedules and be available to the front line for issues
- Team members will call out to Team Leader, this role will be responsible for filling call outs
- Conduct patient registration, which includes securing required paperwork and insurance documentation, and verification of insurance and patient eligibility.
- Process co-pays and schedule patient appointments for assigned center
- Coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist
- Answer patient questions regarding their care and keep them informed of their status
- Inform technical staff of patient flow.
- Prepare patients for examination, which includes conducting interviews to verify patient information, record medical history; confirm purpose of visit;
- Perform preliminary physical test (blood pressure, weight, temperature, etc.) for vital signs and escalate critical cases to provider as needed.
- Conduct point of care testing as needed (i.e., flu, strep, urinalysis, ECG, HCG); and provide patient information to provider.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and maintenance of exam rooms, front desk, and reception area; ensure providers have medical supplies needed
- Responsible for completing order sheets to maintain supply inventory levels; regularly check expiration dates on supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance of medical records and scanning charts to patient files.
- Answer phone calls, collect and sort daily incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- Ensure reception is well maintained
- Conduct courtesy call-backs for patient follow-up on care
- Perform opening and closing duties, which includes cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Follow operating instructions to perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment; maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control logs for equipment troubleshoot breakdowns, perform preventive maintenance, and submit repair tickets as needed.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.