Team Leader: Advanced Clinical Associate (Brooklyn)
Brooklyn, NY | Medical Scribe
Position Summary:The Team Leader is responsible for providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to assigned centers and staff. The Team Leader will provide administrative support and coordinate daily staff activities to ensure efficient operation of GoHealth Urgent Care Centers.
In a collaborative manner, the Team Leader Medical Assistant will provide support to Medical Providers, Advanced Clinical Associates and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Team Leader completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to provide “Unparalleled Experiences” and GO above and beyond for our customers, team members, partners and communities by ensuring that their experience is effortless, personal and connected.
High School Diploma required
- Medical Scribe experience preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Experience in an Urgent Care environment preferred
Certification and/or licensure to meet Order Entry requirements through one (1) of the following:
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA, CMA, NCMA or RMA.)
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) Certification
- Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS) Certification
- Healthcare Professional Licensure including but not limited to EMT, ARRT, RN, LPN, etc.
- Support one another and partner as a team
- Actively listen, seek feedback and check for understanding
- Be a servant leader to our customers, team members, partners and communities
- Don’t assume that you always have the right answer
- Create shared success by leveraging the strengths of the entire team
- Embrace new ideas, processes and tools
- Challenge the status quo
- Creatively solve problems
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Test, assess, adjust and learn
- Assume positive intent
- Recognize, value and celebrate our differences
- Respect, connect with and learn from each other
- Actively engage others’ strengths and talents, especially when they are different than your own
- Act, think and listen without bias or prejudice
- Do the right thing, especially when it is more difficult
- Commit to organizational transparency
- Promote the truth, even when it is unpopular or controversial
- Be ethical, fair and authentic
- Share new ideas with conviction
- Take the initiative and seek more responsibility
- Be specific, objective and actionable
- Possess a bias towards action
- Deliver on time
- Drive results
Support Team Members and Business Operations
- First level of approval for orders in Coupa for their locations for orders >$500; Final approver for orders <$499
- Ensure inventory counts are conducted monthly, review inventory data to ensure accuracy and submit with their approval to ROM
- Ensure payments are posted correctly to patients . Correct errors and report to updates that are needed based off of daily/weekly reviews
- Identify areas to improve workflow, work with team members on efficiency, customer service and overall experience for employees and patients.
- Ensure centers are staffed to model in accordance with Northwell – GoHealth staffing model that is based on volume
- Implement new process or process changes within their region
- Identify team members that are in need of training to improve performance or enhance experience. Training may be provided directly by ROM, Team Lead, Ops Specialist or training team
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with team members to ensure the team is supported, identify growth opportunities and provide both constructive and positive feedback
- Conduct interviews for open positions in their region, ensure the candidate has the skills and aligns with GH culture
- On call during weekends and after hours; responsible for answering workflow and insurance questions, find coverage for call outs using on call schedules and be available to the front line for issues
- Team members will call out to Team Leader, this role will be responsible for filling call outs
- Conduct patient registration, which includes securing required paperwork and insurance documentation, and verification of insurance and patient eligibility.
- Process co-pays and schedule patient appointments for assigned center
- Coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist
- Answer patient questions regarding their care and keep them informed of their status
- Inform technical staff of patient flow.
- Prepare patients for examination, which includes conducting interviews to verify patient information, record medical history; confirm purpose of visit;
- Perform preliminary physical test (blood pressure, weight, temperature, etc.) for vital signs and escalate critical cases to provider as needed.
- Conduct point of care testing as needed (i.e., flu, strep, urinalysis, ECG, HCG); and provide patient information to provider.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and maintenance of exam rooms, front desk, and reception area; ensure providers have medical supplies needed
- Responsible for completing order sheets to maintain supply inventory levels; regularly check expiration dates on supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance of medical records and scanning charts to patient files.
- Answer phone calls, collect and sort daily incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- Ensure reception is well maintained
- Conduct courtesy call-backs for patient follow-up on care
- Perform opening and closing duties, which includes cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Follow operating instructions to perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment; maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control logs for equipment troubleshoot breakdowns, perform preventive maintenance, and submit repair tickets as needed.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.