Staff Scheduling Coordinator
Charlotte, NC (Coming soon ) | Operations
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Staff Scheduler:
- Builds, coordinates, manages and maintains the center staff schedules for the assigned market.
- Establishes relationships to gain knowledge of preferences, skills, and abilities, using judgment to achieve scheduled coverage needs for the entire market.
- Manages scheduling system and conducts verifications of worked hours with payroll.
- Assists in administrative duties for the market.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1+ years of operational staff scheduling experience.
- Scheduling experience in a medical environment preferred.
- EMR experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Scheduling and/or payroll system knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Proficiency in Tangier or other related scheduling software
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain a joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency through a process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Courage and Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
INTERPERSONAL – Develops and maintains excellent working relationships
BUILDING RAPPORT - Exercises skill and diplomacy to establish trust with business partners; creates buy-in with customers
ORAL COMMUNICATION - Expresses information (ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively; listens to others and responds appropriately
PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations
SELF-MANAGEMENT – Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior
TECHNICAL COMPETENCE – Uses or gains knowledge that is necessary to perform the major functions that are described above WRITING – Recognizes and uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – Demonstrates a results oriented focus for delivering appropriate services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
TEAMWORK/COLLABORATION – Demonstrates skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT – Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with employees at all levels of the organization. Projects excellent customer relations in all interactions.
- Responsible for scheduling all staff for shifts, both on a biweekly (pay period) basis, as well as filling holes in the schedule that arise (e.g. due to illness or operational needs). Includes building initial schedules and day-to-day maintenance.
- Manages and optimizes the schedule to comply with center volume needs.
- Manages time off requests following department guidelines.
- Reviews electronic time entries, edits and follow up with staff members to ensure the accuracy of records. Maintains attendance reporting and provides accurate information to leadership as requested.
- Builds relationships and engages with team members to understand availability, preferences, and skill-sets to balance and meet center scheduling needs based on volume, geography, team skills and abilities, etc.
- Conduct verification of payroll to scheduled/worked hours. Includes extensive work with the scheduling (Tangier) and payroll systems, as well as Excel and Sharepoint.
- Collaborates and works in partnership with the Provider Coordinator, aligning schedules and coverage for the market.
- Informs market leadership of potential staffing issues that may impact department ability to maintain staffing and coverage needs.
- Responsible for administrative work that is required for the market, e.g., team education events, travel arrangements, coordination of Outlook calendar, etc.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, scheduler, staffing
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Winston-Salem and Charlotte are both among U.S. News & World Report’s Top 50 Best Places to Live.
Winston-Salem is a region on the rise with a population of 654,589 and strong southern roots. It’s friendly and diverse—retaining a small-town feel—and features fabulous restaurants, inviting neighborhoods and trendy apartments. For the adventurous, there are many local hiking trails, state parks, Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock and Piedmont Quarry. Premier attractions include the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art and the Reynolda House Museum of American Art.
Charlotte boasts the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, The Mint Museum and the Levine Museum of the New South. And with a population approaching 2.4 million, Charlotte offers much to see and do—from local craft breweries, numerous parks and greenway trails to excellent shopping and dining, downtown theaters and nightlife to the PNC Music Pavilion. Catch an NFL Carolina Panthers football game, cheer on the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, or take in a Charlotte Knights baseball game. It’s all here, served by excellent public transportation, Amtrak and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.