Software Engineering Manager - Remote
Atlanta, GA | IT (Information Technology)
We are looking for a software lead who has robust experience across multiple technologies and can help the team build exciting new features to support the GoHealth Urgent Care mission. You will investigate new technologies, design solutions to build new features, and improve existing features and processes.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform software requirements analysis, participate in research and design, development, and testing of software systems and tools. Responsibilities will also include working with GoHealth partners to facilitate efficient integration and support channel partnerships.
- 4-year CS degree required (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of software development experience in a healthcare setting
- 3+ years of management experience in a software development organization
- Experience with full-stack web application development
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding and ability to architect SQL or mySQL databases
- Experience deploying and managing containerized systems in a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Proven record of success using development practices including agile project management, automated testing, and continuous deployment
- Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes
- Experienced in utilizing data and analysis to explain technical problems and providing detailed feedback and solutions
- Experience creating and maintaining node.JS applications
- Experience with mobile app development using cross platform frameworks such as react-native
- Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the software solution and management of complex projects with significant bottom line impact
- Collaborate with business partners to translate requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the product vision and execution roadmap align with organization goals and priorities
- Instill best practices in for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities by planning and deploying software upgrades and defect remediation based on defined release schedules
- Evolve the existing software systems by providing a technical product roadmap to scale and meet the future needs of our patients and markets.
- Provide product support and communication back to stakeholders regarding status of production issues
- Act as a catalyst for a culture of innovation and development best practices; collaborate with other managers and team members to develop and implement standards across the teams
- Provide leadership and guidance to employees by coaching, mentoring, motivating them for optimum performance and career development
- Build web applications for patient and staff interaction, back-end API’s, and databases using various programming and scripting languages.
- Manage production software. You ship it you own it!
- Monitor, identify and relieve bottlenecks and restraints on production systems through development and system tuning
- Ensure the production software is scalable, stable and secure
- Collaborate with IT analysts and operations to ensure roll-out, training, and support plans are established and executed.
- Use analytical thinking skills to work through complex situations
- Test and document current and future systems and development.
- Demonstrate strong multitasking and problem-solving skills to identify errors in software.
- Guiding the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to satisfy various customers and continually build organizational Agile maturity
- You'll also be collaborating with a great team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to deliver an effortless patient and staff experience along the way.
- All other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.