Senior Revenue Accountant
Atlanta, GA | Finance & Accounting
GoHealth Urgent Care is a rapidly growing company, with 6 joint venture partners. The ideal candidate will be a hands on financial professional with the ability to roll up their sleeves and work effectively across various functions, markets, and with individuals at the top and foundation of the company.
- Required Travel: Limited
- Reporting Relationship: Reports to Revenue Accounting Manager
- Prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Calculate Contractual and Bad Debt Allowance for patient revenue
- Responsible for month end close for the revenue function
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts emphasis on the revenue function
- Review P&L and Balance Sheet accounts for accuracy
- Participate in monthly financial reviews and provide explanations for variance inquiries related to revenue
- First level of review for specific balance sheet reconciliations completed by other team members for revenue and accounts receivable
- Seek to improve processes as needed
- Ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- At least five years of relevant accounting experience working with a fully integrated accounting system
- Healthcare revenue accounting experience
- Understanding of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, & Statement of Cash Flow
- Advanced MS Excel skills required; experience with Great Plains software is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with year-end audit preparation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Works well across a multi-entity organization
- High standards for quality of work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem solver
- High level of motivation and energy
- Ability to work in team environment
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.