Search Marketing Director
Remote, | Marketing
- Act as the go-to thought leader for SEO and SEM. Responsible for employing effective digital marketing strategies within these areas.
- Recruit, train, and mentor new talent and team members as needed, constantly ensuring that their professional skills are improving and readying them for the occupation of the Director position in his/her absence.
- Manage, execute, monitor and report on a customer-first search strategy and execution.
- Own the roadmap for on-page and off-page search programs (SEO, PPC, retargeting) to achieve high search rank and prominent local listings for priority terms at all levels of the marketing funnel.
- Act as the subject matter expert, providing solutions and education to search-related questions, concerns, trends and best practices.
- Use a well-documented system to research and target keyword priorities and content opportunities associated with priority audiences, services, geographies, consumer topics and more.
- Identify and recommend growth opportunities for improving search rankings and conversions in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization, content gap analysis, competitive audits, app improvements and ongoing analysis.
- Track the market for trends, benchmarks, opportunities, competitive tactics, best practices, tools/platforms, etc. and use that information to make recommendations.
- Inform and educate team about search engine updates (metadata options, algorithms, and penalties) and analyses about web marketing landscape.
- Monitor and analyze GoHealth competitive position in search rankings and other forms of competitive benchmarking for priority terms and content.
- Monitor and help refine QA tools for search implications, including Google Webmaster Tools, GA Intelligence Events, SiteImprove and internal 404 reports.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to ensure an integrated strategy to maximize findability via mobile/web, driving lead and conversion goals aligned with the overall business objectives and budgets.
- Create technical guidelines for the developers and designers that maximize SEO including search engine accessibility, page speed, URL structure, internal linking guidelines, markup, information architecture, canonicals, etc.
- Provide writers, team members and developers with instructions for SEO optimization across all content assets, including articles, interactive tools, video, images, etc. for mobile, desktop, emerging platforms, social channels and local listings.
- Work with Social Media Manager to administer corporate YouTube channel and apply search best practices.
- Collaborate with marketing team, IS, designers and UX to identify technical business requirements and trouble-shoot code, file naming and other technical matters as they pertain to search marketing.
- Work with key partners such as Google, FaceBook, Microsoft, Yahoo, and agencies.
- Build and own relationships with appropriate external vendors as needed.
- Create testing frameworks and departmental calendars and processes for the purpose of achieving the business's KPIs
- Help establish PPC bidding strategies, keyword expansion, copy and landing page optimizations.
- Build organic search traffic through white-hat SEO techniques, such as on-site optimization, link building and local SEO. Monitor, maintain, and grow quality inbound links.
- Assess and understand each market's needs related to Search and communicate them to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations on how to improve organic rankings that include both technical and content opportunities though use of SEO tools and reporting.
- Continually audit the site, navigation, crawl accessibility, pages, content and internal and inbound links to ensure optimal performance. Optimize internal linking structures to maximize rankings across our keyword portfolio.
- Write specification documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth. Develop and drive any A/B testing programs required to continually optimize search.
- Communicate with large directory listings (such as Google and Yahoo) to create, update or edit citations via email or by phone.
- Assist in overall agency management, reporting, trafficking assets and budgeting.
- Coordinate creative direction and implementation, including ads, ad copy, and landing pages to optimize channels.
- Responsible for overall budget tracking, invoicing and reporting.
- Monitoring daily performance metrics to understand search performance across geographic markets.
- Track and analyze campaign impact and success through, keyword research, campaign expansion and optimizations, competitive analysis, and a/b multivariate testing: landing pages, creative display, and ad copy.
- Develop, track and regularly report on search growth and operational metrics, providing trend dashboard tracking progress for high priority areas, campaigns and referring links.
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmarking GoHealth performance against competitors.
- Maintain Search Guidelines for GoHealth and lead trainings as needed.
- Substantial (typically 5+ years) professional search marketing experience within an organization or digital agency setting is required
- Experience providing direction to agency partners is required
- Experience managing PPC accounts to include Google, Bing, Yahoo
- Formal SEO training or certification with knowledge of SEO tools is a plus
- Experience in campaign management tools such as Click Equations, Marin, Acquisio, Kenshoo, and Search Ignite
- Well-versed in keyword discovery tools and ad editing platforms such as Google Keyword Planner, Wordstream, Google Trends and Google Adwords and Bing Ad Editors
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and form creation
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, form creation, technical implications, onpage and offpage impacts to search performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging platform implications and search algorithm history
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, with outstanding execution skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in analyzing key marketing metrics and data to develop actionable insights
- A history of strong and positive collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends); certification in a plus
- Knowledge of digital marketing analysis and visualization tools, including: the Google tool suite, the MOZ suite, Raven, Excel, Tableau, Mix Panel, Kiss Metrics and more
- Ability to spot trends and process large amounts of rapidly changing information
- Ability to translate complex issues and data into clear, compelling narratives
- Passion for changing healthcare and driving real customer innovation
- High energy, high integrity personality
- Familiarity with health care issues, consumer health preferred
- Healthcare marketing understanding a plus - but dynamic performance marketing mindset a must
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.