Revenue Cycle Applications Manager
Atlanta, GA | IT (Information Technology)
Founded in 2013 on the philosophy that people deserve the highest-quality patient experience in a walk-in care environment, GoHealth Urgent Care has grown to more than 125+ state-of-the-art urgent care centers in just a few years and we continue to expand rapidly.
The Practice Management (PM) Applications Manager will be responsible for the success, implementation and support of all Access and Practice Management Applications at GoHealth Urgent Care. You will be responsible for leading and growing applications analysts to ensure that all Registration, Scheduling and Billing workflows are optimally implemented and supported.
You own the relationship between GoHealth and our partner health systems to ensure GoHealth delivers on such commitments as seamless integration and effortless patient experience especially as it relates to the areas of Access and Practice Management.
The Applications manager will also act as a liaison to the leaders throughout GoHealth to ensure the software systems and technologies meet the business goals and objectives such as improving staff efficiency and delivering an effortless patient experience. The position plays a key role in the success of the revenue cycle management functions of GoHealth Urgent Care.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience)
- Experience supporting physician practices with PM systems required
- Experience managing application analyst and/or application trainers preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the proven ability to motivate people
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with all levels in dynamic situations
- Knowledge and experience with end-to-end revenue cycle processes, strategies, and systems used in physician practices.
- Experience with Epic Resolute Professional Billing and/or eCW is required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
- Familiarity with PCI compliance and POS payment processing.
- Building and managing relationships with our operational and billing office leadership to understand clinical and billing workflows and how the software systems aid in patient care and billing
- Establish rapport with key information systems leadership and project managers at GoHealth’s partner health systems to work together on join venture priorities.
- Provide leadership to direct reports to establish a culture of excellent customer service and proactive support to clinical and support staff
- Responsible for planning, structuring, and monitoring EMR and PM system implementation and support activities as well as managing work assignments of direct reports.
- Work with business and operations leadership to prioritize, coordinate, and execute project and workflow changes around all PM and EMR software systems.
- Document, communicate, and help to resolve feedback, questions, and enhancement requests along with others on the GoHealth IT and operations staff
- Escalating risks and issues as appropriate to the project sponsor and/or the external partner.
- Assisting in identification of opportunities for process and quality improvement both internally to GoHealth and in patient flow or clinic operations.
- Collaborate with a great team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to improve systems and process along the way.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.