Regional Operations Manager
Bellmore, NY| Center Operations
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. GoHealth Urgent Care operates urgent care centers in the New York, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA and now Hartford, CT metropolitan areas, with plans for additional expansion in multiple markets.
GoHealth Urgent Care is seeking motivated and customer-focused Regional Operations Managers for our rapidly growing centers in Nassau County, Suffolk County and Queens.
The Regional Operations Manager:
- Oversees multiple Centers (7-10).
- Is responsible and accountable for all operations including staffing, financial, clinical and administrative performance.
- Manages daily activities and resources, staff engagement, development and productivity, policies and procedures, patient satisfaction, budgeting, quality and safety, supplies, community presence and external relationships.
- Works directly with leadership, fellow managers, providers, center team members and corporate resources and partners to achieve high-quality care, exceptional service and financial goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ operations experience or demonstrated aptitude for Regional Operations Management required.
- 3-4 years of management experience in a medical or healthcare environment; or experience in a leadership and/or managerial position, managing the operational aspects of running a business or a unit; or direct supervisory experience; or strong knowledge of operations of a center preferred.
- Multi-site management experience preferred.
Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain a joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency through process and other forms of innovation.
Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to understand team members, our customers and partners better. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth Urgent Care team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities
Essential Functions:1. Budgetary Responsibilities:
- Meets and exceeds budget.
- Manages and reduces operating costs; evaluates A/R and manages P&L.
- Grows revenue beyond the budget.
- Achieves maximum staff productivity.
- Identifies new businesses that the referral base requires and will support.
- Works in partnership with the Marketing team to maximize opportunities for the Center.
- Evaluates business enhancers to determine if they are in place, are functional, and require improvements in processes; shares business enhancers with peers.
- Establishes a positive community profile for the Center
- Implements, embraces and manages all aspects of the Center’s customer service results via NPS and other methods of patient feedback.
- Encourages and trains staff to actively deliver on the Center’s customer service expectations.
- Works with other administrative staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high-quality patient care is provided.
- Managing all patient complaints to maintain good customer satisfaction.
- Oversees all daily Center operations, ensuring Center is staffed appropriately. Ability to step onto the floor when necessary to provide additional assistance should volume dictate the need for additional help at the front desk.
- Manages and supervises assigned Center(s) team members; assisting staff in understanding and implementing Center policies and procedures. Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities and implementing Center policies and procedures.
- Ensures that requests for information are handled promptly and effectively.
- Assures that deadlines are met with regards to the operational budget, reporting, inventory, payroll and patient statements.
- Learn EMR functions and educate staff to run patient scenarios to “own” the front desk functions and ensure a smooth and accurate process and accurate capture of insurance/billing information. Monitor data input and patient information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators at each center and communicate regularly with Market President. Prepare information for discussion during weekly Operations Meetings.
- Review and approve all-time records for payroll processing.
- Review, approve and manage time off requests to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Thorough knowledge of the state’s work comp guidelines to maintain a successful occupational medicine segment within the Center.
- Review and manage vendor relationships providing services and/or supplies for the Center.
- Ensure accurate invoice reconciliation practices are followed.
- Conducts center meetings with staff to communicate pertinent information.
- Provides goals and planning of facility, equipment and staff.
- Manages workflow to ensure the effective use of human resources, time, equipment and supplies.
- Becomes familiar with all Center functions to effectively manage team members and operations.
- Controls expenses and resulting net income.
- Provides solid leadership for all Center team members; supports management and always displays a strong positive attitude.
- Takes ownership of all Center functions.
- Acts as preceptor for new Center Operations Managers within the market.
- Identifies and analyzes operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent their reccurrence.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with regards to the EMR, medical records and other patient and team member data, as required per compliance and regulatory rules and expectations.
- Track and maintain licensure and certification for all team member requirements to ensure compliance.
- Ensures that all Center team members are performing in a satisfactory way and adding value to Center productivity. Identifies, analyzes and resolves work problems, as necessary.
- Actively and routinely interfaces with team members to assess and address questions, issues and concerns on all fronts; be the “first point of contact” for team members.
- Conducts annual (and quarterly, or on-going, as necessary) performance evaluations on all direct reports in a timely manner and ensures salary recommendations and feedback reflects contributions and performance.
- Effectively manages interviewing, selecting and hiring, onboarding, coaching, counseling, development and termination of Center team members.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.