QA Automation Engineer
Atlanta, GA | IT (Information Technology)
Position Summary:GoHealth Urgent Care partners with healthcare systems across the country to provide unparalleled experiences for our customers, employees, partners and community. We live our values of innovation, collaboration, diversity/inclusion, courage/integrity and accountability. We believe in promoting from within and the value of each team member. Check us out as we are growing and in need of professionals whose mission and values coincide with GoHealth!
Does this mistaeke drive you crazy? If you can't let go of errors like that, you might be just right to join our team.
As a QA Automation Engineer on our development team at GoHealth Urgent Care, you'll play a critical role in ensuring that our software delivers on our promise of an effortless experience. These detail-oriented perfectionists test our software from a patient and medical professional's perspective to make sure it's efficient and intuitive. First we use it right, and then we use it wrong. Thinking outside the box, you'll work side by side with our developers to create high quality healthcare software.
This position will be responsible for design, architecture, and implementation of complete solutions to testing software and quality assurance of GoHealth Urgent Care online web applications and back-end services. Design and develop test automation solutions using Selenium, NodeJS and other technologies determined to best suit our needs.
This position will play a key role in developing patient, provider, and staff facing web applications to achieve outcomes such as allowing a patient to complete their demographic and insurance details an efficient and secure manner and feed the information into the electronic medical record system.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including software developers, physicians, operations staff, as well as others within the IT team. It will require excellent problem-solving skills to anticipate and solve for complexities before software deployment/launch.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree or greater required (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of prior experiences as automation software testing engineer in a QA role required
- Experience with software development life cycle concepts and software testing methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and ability to independently investigate software defects
- General knowledge of website development and testing concepts including web debugging skills using browser developer consoles
- 1+ years automation coding experience using testing framework (such as Selenium + NodeJS, Cucumber.js)
- Working experience with Browserstack
- 1+ years working experience with SQL server, tools, and testing
- Healthcare related experience such as with eClinicalWorks, Epic or HL7 integration
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Knowledge of healthcare business processes
- Basic knowledge of automated testing and API testing experience
- Experience with cloud computing resources such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
- Provide technical support and strategic recommendations in software testing and automation for all systems.
- Design and develop test automation solutions. Help with selection of appropriate automation tools when necessary.
- Design and develop clear, concise, comprehensive test plans and test cases for web applications, mobile applications, REST APIs, communications paths at the component level as well as at the system level.
- Detail oriented to capture as much information both in test case writing and in test case execution as needed to present clear results to developers and other key stakeholders.
- Diligence and attention to detail in documenting test cases and results.
- Ability to investigate/troubleshoot to why something might not be working correctly in the software to help assist the software developers in correcting a defect.
- Assign initial defect severity levels in advance of defect triage meetings.
- Interact with software development engineers with respect to learning new functionality being built, requesting new builds to validate defect fixes.
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies and apply that knowledge to find inconsistencies and issues with their implementations
- Demonstrate strong multitasking and problem-solving skills to identify errors in software.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Other duties as assigned.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.