St. Louis, MO | Center Operations
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The GoHealth Provider Coordinator is responsible for providing an unparalleled onboarding experience to new providers and building positive relationships with providers, GoHealth leadership, and hospital system partners to ensure high quality provider integration and experience with GoHealth. These activities include assistance with candidate interviewing, management of a comprehensive, effective, and positive onboarding experience, and optimization of provider schedules. The Provider Coordinator partners with the Medical Director, Market President, clinical leadership team, talent acquisition and other partners to implement programs and activities to improve the provider privileging/credentialing, onboarding, and retention experience.
- High School Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of health care experience required.
- Previous provider liaison experience, drug / medical device rep sales preferred.
- Participates in the day of the interview, including working with provider talent acquisition to ensure the day of the interview is coordinated, coordinating center visits with center leads, showing candidates around a center, providing feedback on candidates, and sharing feedback on the candidate with appropriate parties.
- Works closely with provider talent acquisition and the medical director to ensure candidates have an unparalleled interviewing experience.
- Assists with partner interview activities as needed
- Guides new providers through the credentialing process and existing providers through re-credentialing process. Serves as a conduit between hospital privileging/credentialing, provider talent acquisition, GoHealth administrators, hospital partners, and new provider.
- Collects necessary documents from new providers for credentialing with hospital system and insurance companies.
- Monitors timelines and communicates when issues arise with all parties involved.
- Coordinates Physician and Advanced practitioner supervisory agreements
- Welcomes newly hired candidates to GoHealth and announces new hires to the provider team.
- Coordinates and communicates provider orientation information and dates; initiates specified touch points with the new provider and provides support through the onboarding process.
- Coordinates system set up (e.g., payroll, scheduling, medical records) with GoHealth and hospital system partners.
- Develops, implements, and manages programs, tools, and strategies to ensure flawless provider on-boarding experience, and accelerated acclimation to GoHealth based on feedback from new hires, GoHealth and hospital system partners and other stakeholders.
- Is the lead person for all orientation activities, including training schedules and communication with provider.
- Makes providers feel welcome by introducing them to other team members, etc.
- Attends orientation and training activities as time allows.
- Supports Learning & Development team during orientation activities as needed.
- Helps onboard new providers to the different systems they will use (e.g. payroll, scheduling, medical records)
Scheduling & Payroll:
- Manages and optimizes provider schedule based on provider preferences and center coverage needs.
- Maintains provider daily schedule.
- Ensures provider payroll information is accurate and collaborates with payroll team and providers to resolve issues.
- Supports provider administrative needs such as expense reporting, ordering supplies (e.g. scrubs, prescription pads, nametags), processing time off requests, etc.
- Maintains provider licensing information.
- Requests/processes provider status changes.
- Supports medical director with communications.
- Supports clinical quality and coding audits as needed.
- Collaborates with counterparts in other markets.
- Seeks feedback from providers, recruiters, hospital credentialing/privileging representatives and other key stakeholders on processes. Reviews and acts upon feedback.
- Re-designs inefficient steps within processes under their control
- Keeps informed on national trends in relation to provider onboarding and integration.
Provides marketing and logistical support for special events and outreach projects (open houses, physician events, public lectures, etc.)
Standards of Behavior:
Must exhibit exemplary, positive, standards of behavior at all times; must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with clinicians, diverse staff and exercise grace under pressure.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
St. Louis boasts the kind of cultural treasures you’d expect to see only in the very biggest American cities, with terrific recreational opportunities, from major league sports teams to spectacular parks and golf courses to beautiful hiking and canoeing nearby. St. Louis is a big city with the convenience and sense of connectedness of a smaller one.
Springfield, the Birthplace of Route 66, is home to several universities, including Missouri State University, Drury University, and Evangel University. Springfield is ranked among the best communities for young people with excellent public schools and an outstanding quality of life. With dozens of lakes and streams and four national parks and forest, it offers an exciting environment for people of all ages.