Credentialing and On-boarding
Charlotte, NC (Coming soon ) | Operations
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our customers first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. GoHealth Urgent Care operates urgent care centers in the New York, NY, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, Hartford, CT & metropolitan areas, and recently in St. Louis & Springfield, MO, Oklahoma City, OK and NW Arkansas, AR, with plans for additional expansions in multiple markets.
The GoHealth Provider Coordinator is responsible for providing an unparalleled onboarding experience to new providers and building positive relationships with providers, GoHealth leadership, and hospital system partners to ensure high-quality provider integration and experience with GoHealth. These activities include assistance with candidate interviewing, management of a comprehensive, effective and positive onboarding experience, and optimization of provider schedules. The Provider Coordinator partners with the Medical Director, Market President, clinical leadership team, talent acquisition and other partners to implement programs and activities to improve the provider privileging/credentialing, onboarding and retention experience.
- High School Degree or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years health care experience required
- Previous provider liaison experience, drug / medical device rep sales considered
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel and Power Point
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain a joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity & Courage: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
INTERPERSONAL – Develops and maintains excellent working relationships within providers, hospital system partners, and other business departments.
PROBLEM-SOLVING – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SELF-MANAGEMENT – Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCE – Uses or gains knowledge that is necessary to perform the major functions that are described below.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – Demonstrates a results-oriented focus for delivering appropriate services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
TEAMWORK/COLLABORATION – Demonstrates skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project-oriented activities.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT- Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with the providers and all team members of the organization. Projects excellent customer relations in all interactions.
- Participates in the day of the interview, including working with provider talent acquisition to insure the day of the interview is coordinated, coordinating center visits with center leads, showing candidates around a center, providing feedback on candidates, and sharing feedback on the candidate with appropriate parties.
- Works closely with provider talent acquisition and the medical director to ensure candidates have an unparalleled interviewing experience.
- Assists with partner interview activities as needed
- Guides new providers through the credentialing process and existing providers through the re-credentialing process. Serves as a conduit between hospital privileging/credentialing, provider talent acquisition, GoHealth administrators, hospital partners, and new provider
- Collects necessary documents from new providers for credentialing with the hospital system and insurance companies.
- Monitors timelines and communicates when issues arise with all parties involved
- Coordinates Physician and Advanced practitioner supervisory agreements
- Welcomes newly hired candidates to GoHealth and announces new hires to the provider team
- Coordinates and communicates provider orientation information and dates; initiates specified touch points with the new provider and provides support through the onboarding process
- Coordinates system set up (e.g., payroll, scheduling, medical records) with GoHealth and hospital system partners
- Develops, implements, and manages programs, tools, and strategies to ensure flawless provider onboarding experience, and accelerated acclimation to GoHealth based on feedback from new hires, GoHealth and hospital system partners and other stakeholders
- Is the lead person for all orientation activities, including training schedules and communication with provider
- Makes providers feel welcome by introducing them to other team members, etc.
- Attends orientation and training activities as time allows
- Supports Learning & Development team during orientation activities as needed
- Helps onboard new providers to the different systems they will use (e.g. payroll, scheduling, medical records)
Scheduling & Payroll:
- Manages and optimizes provider schedule based on provider preferences and center coverage needs
- Maintains provider daily schedule
- Ensures provider payroll information is accurate and collaborates with payroll team and providers to resolve issues
- Supports provider administrative needs such as expense reporting, ordering supplies (e.g. scrubs, prescription pads, nametags), processing time off requests, etc.
- Maintains provider licensing information
- Requests/processes provider status changes
- Supports medical director with communications
- Supports clinical quality and coding audits as needed
- Collaborates with counterparts in other markets
- Seeks feedback from providers, recruiters, hospital credentialing/privileging representatives and other key stakeholders on processes. Reviews and acts upon feedback.
- Re-designs inefficient steps within processes under their control
- Keeps informed on national trends in relation to provider onboarding and integration
- Provides marketing and logistical support for special events and outreach projects (open houses, physician events, public lectures, etc.)
- Standards of Behavior: Must exhibit exemplary, positive, standards of behavior at all times; must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with clinicians, diverse staff and exercise grace under pressure.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Winston-Salem and Charlotte are both among U.S. News & World Report’s Top 50 Best Places to Live.
Winston-Salem is a region on the rise with a population of 654,589 and strong southern roots. It’s friendly and diverse—retaining a small-town feel—and features fabulous restaurants, inviting neighborhoods and trendy apartments. For the adventurous, there are many local hiking trails, state parks, Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock and Piedmont Quarry. Premier attractions include the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art and the Reynolda House Museum of American Art.
Charlotte boasts the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, The Mint Museum and the Levine Museum of the New South. And with a population approaching 2.4 million, Charlotte offers much to see and do—from local craft breweries, numerous parks and greenway trails to excellent shopping and dining, downtown theaters and nightlife to the PNC Music Pavilion. Catch an NFL Carolina Panthers football game, cheer on the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, or take in a Charlotte Knights baseball game. It’s all here, served by excellent public transportation, Amtrak and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.