Posting Associate - Medical Payment Poster
Charlotte, NC (Coming soon ) | Accounts Receivable
The Posting Associate is responsible for the day to day processing and posting of all billing deposits in the practice management system, confirmation of bank deposit, record retention of all financial documents, and timely processing for daily and monthly closing process.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- 1 year of related experience and/or training required
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
Medical Terminology & Insurance
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
- Process and confirm bank deposits to source documents received from daily lockbox
- Post daily deposits into the practice management system
- Conduct close-of day and close-of-month process and making sure all systems are in balance before closing
- Communicate with Joint Venture partner regarding any payments that are considered paid but funds have not been received to post to patient accounts
- Responsible for effective and efficient record retention of financial documents
All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Winston-Salem and Charlotte are both among U.S. News & World Report’s Top 50 Best Places to Live.
Winston-Salem is a region on the rise with a population of 654,589 and strong southern roots. It’s friendly and diverse—retaining a small-town feel—and features fabulous restaurants, inviting neighborhoods and trendy apartments. For the adventurous, there are many local hiking trails, state parks, Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock and Piedmont Quarry. Premier attractions include the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art and the Reynolda House Museum of American Art.
Charlotte boasts the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, The Mint Museum and the Levine Museum of the New South. And with a population approaching 2.4 million, Charlotte offers much to see and do—from local craft breweries, numerous parks and greenway trails to excellent shopping and dining, downtown theaters and nightlife to the PNC Music Pavilion. Catch an NFL Carolina Panthers football game, cheer on the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, or take in a Charlotte Knights baseball game. It’s all here, served by excellent public transportation, Amtrak and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.