People Team (Human Resources) Specialist Supervisor
Atlanta, GA | Human Resources (People Team)
Position Summary:At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our customers first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. GoHealth Urgent Care operates urgent care centers in markets across the country.
The Supervisor leads the People Team Specialists to collaborate within the People Team and other departments throughout the organization and provides a customer focused and effective support service to the organization to achieve the company’s mission, vision and goals. Provides technical and administrative leadership to the People Team that includes management of total rewards processes including management of people team administrative processes for close to 2,000 team members across 6+ markets and joint ventures in multiple states. Lead and manage all processes related to onboarding team members to ensure an effortless experience and provide strategic support to the field operations leadership and our team members.
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Four years of human resources administrative support experience required.
- Two years of supervisory experience leading a team required.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Experience in managing and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives required.
- Experience in providing consultative services preferred.
- Experience with a multi-state workforce required
- PHR or SPHR or other Human Resource Certification preferred
- Experience with on-boarding, benefits, compliance, transactional processing
- Experience with leaves (federal, state and local laws), worker’s compensation and ADA
- HRIS experience required, Ceridian Workday preferred
- Experience interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining and performance evaluation of team
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Courage and Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE – Celebrate and share success; grow and develop our team members; provide direct feedback that enables others to reach their potential; identify when to lead and embrace the opportunity to follow.
PLAN, EXECUTE, ADAPT AND DELIVER
Leverage analytics and experience to make better decisions; possess a bias towards action and manage risk; be agile, pragmatic and adjust; identify, acknowledge, plan, implement and follow-up
DECISION MAKING – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals; cause change.
INTERPERSONAL – Develops and maintains excellent working relationships within the People Team and other business departments.
BUILDING RAPPORT - Exercises skill and diplomacy to establish People Team as a trusted, credible business partner; creates buy-in with customers.
ORAL COMMUNICATION - Expresses information (ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial, etc.); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCE – Uses or gains knowledge that is necessary to perform the major functions that are described above (i.e., familiar with state/local laws that govern employment and can translate those into providing advice.)
WRITING – Recognizes and uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – Demonstrates a results oriented focus for delivering appropriate services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
TEAMWORK/COLLABORATION – Demonstrates skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT – Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with employees at all levels of the organization to promote employee satisfaction. Projects excellent customer relations in all interactions.
- Effectively lead and direct the work of the People Team Specialists that support and align with the Total Rewards teams’ goals and deliverables.
- Project plan and map the team member experience to drive strategic programs and procedures that provide an effortless experience.
- Improve the team member experience through strategic and effective people team policies and procedures
- Develop policies, procedures and strategies to manage the workflow of the People Team Specialists to gain administrative efficiencies and provide an effortless experience for our team members.
- Proactively assist team members with resolving issues that arise with internal customers
- Act as day to day escalation point to provide functional and technical support to internal customers
- Lead and manage the leave, worker’s compensation and ADA compliance.
- Design, develop, lead, and facilitate internal training for managers and team members on core People Team processes to enable our effective self-service where appropriate.
- Lead and manage quality assurance programs that deliver accurate data entry and provide regular reports outs.
- Provide feedback, coaching and development to the People Team Specialists to enable growth and development.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition and Learning teams to accomplish an effortless onboarding experience for new hires.
- Lead and manage the Total Rewards Team duties as it relates to state law compliance (termination pay, meal period waivers, AWS in CA, etc.).
- Ensure key deadlines and deliverables are met for People Team projects.
- Projects: Assist the People Team with projects via planning, project management, data gathering and analysis.
- Partnerships: Establishes productive relationships and rapport with customers to gain joint understanding of business goals, strengths, and opportunities providing timely follow up on issues/concerns.
- Field Support: Support, lead and/or assist with implementation of People Team initiatives, policies and programs to enhance successful rollout and acceptance throughout the organization. Alerts Director, Total Rewards to high risk situations that may have an impact on the organization. Regulatory Compliance: Works with leaders to assist them in knowing/understanding components of the People Team standards to be compliant (i.e., I-9/E-Verify, worker’s compensation, leaves, ADA, license/certification renewal etc.).
- All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.