People Team (Human Resources) Business Partner
Rockville Centre, NY | Human Resources (People Team)
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of one year of Human Resources, specifically in employee relations or strategic business partnership work required
- Proven experience in managing employee relations and conflict resolution/investigations of disciplinary issues required
- Health care experience preferred. Experience in managing and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives preferred
- PHR, SPHR, or sHRBP preferred
- 75% employee relations
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- REFRAMING – Demonstrates ability to probe for additional information and reframe requests for solutions.
- CLIENT ENGAGEMENT/CHANGE MANAGEMENT – Understands the impact of change on people, processes, procedures, leadership and organizational culture; knowledge of change management principles, strategies and techniques required for effectively planning, implementing, and evaluating change in the organization.
- DECISION MAKING – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain
- situations, to accomplish organizational goals; cause change.
- FLEXIBILITY - Open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
- INTERPERSONAL – Develops and maintains excellent working relationships within HR and other business departments.
- BUILDING RAPPORT -Exercises skill and diplomacy to establish HR as a trusted, credible business partner; creates buy-in with customers.
- ORAL COMMUNICATION - Expresses information (ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial, etc.); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT – Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- TECHNICAL COMPETENCE – Uses or gains knowledge that is necessary to perform the major functions that are described above (i.e., familiar with state/local laws that govern employment and can translate those into providing advice.)
- WRITING – Recognizes and uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – Demonstrates a results oriented focus for delivering appropriate services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- TEAMWORK/COLLABORATION – Demonstrates skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
- DIVERSITY – Strong understanding and appreciation of a diverse work environment and have demonstrated initiatives for recruiting for diversity.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT – Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with employees at all levels of the organization to promote employee satisfaction. Projects excellent customer relations in all interactions.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience required
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, medical, clinical, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, HR management, Human Resources Administration
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.