People Team (Human Resources) Business Partner
Portland, OR | Human Resources (People Team)
The People Business Partner functions as a fully integrated member of a department’s business operation by providing comprehensive human resource consultation and support services with the express purpose of maximizing the effectiveness of business and People processes that promote organizational objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of one year of Human Resources, specifically in employee relations or strategic business partnership work required
- Proven experience in managing employee relations and conflict resolution/investigations of disciplinary issues required
- Health care experience preferred. Experience in managing and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives preferred
- PHR, SPHR, or sHRBP preferred
- Strategic Partnerships: Uses performance consulting strategies to work with customers as a consultative partner to accomplish and optimize workplace performance in support of business goals. Researches and establishes productive relationships and rapport with customers to gain joint understanding of business goals, strengths, and opportunities by meeting on a regular basis and providing timely follow up on issues/concerns. Works collaboratively with leaders as an internal consultant to improve and maximize the performance of center or department operations within the scope of Human Resources. Provides guidance to leaders in areas of performance management and conflict resolution. Provides leaders with appropriate guidance on handling issues, providing rationale for recommendations so that leaders can make informed decisions. Consults with human resource areas of expertise to assist the People department and leaders to make decisions to move problems/issues to resolution. Attends assigned leadership teams.
- Market Support: Supports and assists with implementation of Human Resources initiatives to enhance successful rollout and acceptance throughout the company. Alerts People Business Partner/ER Manager and Director, Talent and Learning to high risk situations that may have an impact on the organization. Works with company-wide HR initiatives to assure the successful rollout and acceptance of People initiatives, policies, and programs throughout the organization. Analyzes and makes process improvement recommendations when People practices or processes create roadblocks.
- Staffing: Collaborates with leaders and Talent Acquisition to ensure an effective screening/interviewing/selection process to match candidates’ talents to appropriate jobs to meet the goals of the unit/department. Works with leaders to assist them in understanding the recruitment process from position creation to job posting to employee on-boarding. Works with leaders to assist them in understanding the termination and/or resignation policies and processes. Collaborate with the leader to make the right match for lead positions. After TA screen as needed, review final group of candidates and work with the hiring manager to facilitate the recruitment process per standard operating procedures. Reviews and discusses turnover and productivity reports with leaders to support department’s staffing goals. Collects/Tracks/Trends/Advises on employee turnover and retention issues to assist leaders in developing proactive approaches to maintain appropriate staffing levels based on productivity. Reviews reduction in workforce rationale and documentation required for approval and guides leader in process. Ensures appropriate documents are prepared and facilitates meetings between manager and affected employee(s).
- Work Climate and Employee Relations: Collaborates with People Business Partner/ER Manager to provide leaders with appropriate advice on handling employee relation issues and provides rationale for recommendations so leaders can make informed decisions and help facilitate moving issues/concerns to resolution (e.g., discipline steps/documentation, terminations, mediation, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) issues, etc.). Documents employee relations cases according to standard operating procedure. Represents company in ESC (Employment Security Commission) Hearings to provide data to explain company policies and decisions. Completes and sends documents requested by ESC. Sends relevant company documents to ESC hearing officer. Alerts Employee Relations Manager and Human Resources Director to high risk situations in the organization. Works with leaders to create a culture of diversity where differences are welcomed, encouraged, and respected.
- Training, Coaching and Counseling: Assesses the People learning needs of leaders and provides instruction, remediation and guidance to achieve business objectives in a manner that provides value and customer satisfaction. Supports talent and succession planning initiatives in assigned market(s) to help grow and develop talent to achieve business results.
- Regulatory Compliance: Monitors internal and external changes in law, policies, and practices to define and confront risk to employees and the organization. Participates in survey activities for understanding of requirements related to Human Resources to include the Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA), State Agencies and department specific agencies (such as ARRT, AAMA, etc). Works with leaders to assist them in knowing/understanding components of HR standards so they can remain compliant (i.e., timely Performance Evaluations, mandatory education, certification requirements, etc.). Recommends improvements to policies or practices that serve the best interest of employees and the organization. Participates in department file audits related to regulatory requirements. Partners with Compliance to help facilitate Compliance Hot-Line review by working closely with leaders on investigating and responding to compliance reports. Consults with Employee Relations Manager as needed.
- Employee Engagement: Advises leaders in assessing, employee engagement, employee satisfaction, and developing action plans to increase positive outcomes. Helps identify barriers, gaps, and problem solves solutions to achieve leaders’ goals for increased employee engagement. Provides leaders with tools and strategies necessary to improve/maintain employee engagement and increase employee satisfaction and retention. Works with leaders to assess employee on-boarding experiences and develop plan to meet identified gaps. Conducts Focus Interviews, in conjunction with People Business Partner/ER Manager when needed, to gather data regarding employee perceptions and opportunities for improvement in employee engagement.
- Information Management: Collects, tracks, trends, and communicates/advises leaders on employee turnover and retention data, exit interview data, disciplinary action data, complaints data, recruitment and hiring data, etc., according to standard operating procedures and assists in developing proactive measures to mitigate risk to the organization. Monitors leaders’ use of performance management process; reviews both the process and documentation used to evaluate and enhance job performance and to correct unacceptable workplace behaviors. Collaborates with People Business Partner/Employee Relations Manager and other People Partners, as appropriate, to address trends or changes in law, policies, and practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
The Greater Portland market spans both Washington and Oregon. Magnificent Mount Hood is always in view, accessed by the historic Columbia River Highway, which winds through beautiful rivers, waterfalls, valleys and scenic sights. Local attractions include the Pittock Mansion, St. Johns Bridge, the International Rose Test Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. There are also many wineries and breweries, the Portland Farmers Market, and lots of local music and nightlife — plus great shopping and restaurants. And you’ll find many friendly neighborhoods with great schools.