People Talent and Learning Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Human Resources (People Team)
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The People Talent and Learning Specialist collaborates within the People team and other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective People support service to the organization to achieve company goals and objectives. This position provides support to the People- Talent and Learning team that includes coordination and project management of various business partner support provided to the market operations, compliance and learning and development work initiatives implemented across the organization.
- High School Diploma, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience developing and facilitating training programs (i.e. classroom, on-line, and one-on-one sessions).
- Experience with project implementation in support of strategic change initiatives.
- Hands-on experience coordinating training events (i.e. contracting meeting space, food and beverage, audio visual equipment, room blocks, etc).
- Corporate training experience preferred.
- Human Resource Generalist experience preferred.
- Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Experience providing consultative services preferred.
- SHRM, PHR, SPHR or other Human Resource or Training Industry related certification preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced Excel experience, MSWord and PowerPoint required
- User knowledge of web delivery tools (I.E. GoToMeetings, UberConference and Highfive and other face-time meeting/training tools
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Courage & Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- DECISION MAKING – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals; cause change.
- FLEXIBILITY - Open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
- INTERPERSONAL – Develops and maintains excellent working relationships within HR and other business departments.
- BUILDING RAPPORT - Exercises skill and diplomacy to establish HR as a trusted, credible business partner; creates buy-in with customers
- ORAL COMMUNICATION - Expresses information (ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial, etc.); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT – Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- TECHNICAL COMPETENCE – Uses or gains knowledge that is necessary to perform the major functions that are described above (i.e., familiar with state/local laws that govern employment and can translate those into providing advice.)
- WRITING – Recognizes and uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – Demonstrates a results-oriented focus for delivering appropriate services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- TEAMWORK/COLLABORATION – Demonstrates skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project-oriented activities.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT – Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with employees at all levels of the organization to promote employee satisfaction. Projects excellent customer relations in all interactions.
- ORGANIZATION - Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Previous work with Litmos Learning Management System
- Experience with e-Learning software and authoring tools
- Projects and Project Management: Assist the Talent and Learning team with projects and performance consulting work throughout the businesses they support via planning, project management, data gathering, coordination and analysis.
- Partnerships: Establishes productive relationships and rapport with customers to gain joint understanding of business goals, strengths, and opportunities by meeting on a regular basis and providing timely follow up on issues/concerns.
- Provides leaders and team members with appropriate guidance on finding policies and procedures. Consults with People Team areas of expertise to assist the People Team department and leaders to make decisions to move problems/issues to resolution. Works closely with all areas of the People Team to facilitate effective People Team relationships.
- Market Support: Supports company-wide People Team initiatives to ensure the successful rollout and acceptance of policies and programs throughout the organization.
- Work Climate and People Relations: Under the guidance of a People Business Partner, collaborates with People Relations and other People Team areas of expertise to facilitate moving issues/concerns to resolution (e.g., discipline steps/documentation, terminations, mediation etc). Alerts People Business Partner, People Relations Manager, Director, Talent and Learning to high risk situations in the organization.
- Provide daily administrative support to Talent and Learning team: Schedules meetings, reserves rooms, and coordinates travel. Sets up video conference and other methods for meetings across the organization. Assists coordinating and planning Talent and Learning team meetings and training classes. Orders supplies and tracks amounts spent on the following accounts: mileage, dues and memberships, travel and conference, books and subscriptions, office supplies. Designs presentations and tools using MS Office- excel, word, ppoint.
- Data/Reporting/LMS management and maintenance: Runs reports and queries as requested. Prepares spreadsheets for special projects. Maintain team member updates, and assist team members with utilization.
- Supports People Team Sharepoint Site, including review and update of policies and procedures and prompting changes needed, with regulatory/state law updates and coordinates team pages, as needed.
- Regulatory Compliance: Coordinates, manages, tracks and participates in file audits related to regulatory requirements. Works with leaders to assist them in knowing/understanding components of People Team standards so they can remain compliant (i.e., timely Performance Evaluations, mandatory education, certification requirements etc). Recommends improvements to policies or practices that serve the best interest of team members and the organization. Supports monthly expired license report and suspension process. Drafts policies/procedures and People Team standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Information Management: Support the People Team data / reporting needs of the team, using knowledge of computer applications such as Excel, Human Resource Information Systems, and general database management and reporting to supplement and communicate with the People Team reporting area, ensuring People Business Partners have the data and reports they need on both a routine and ad hoc or project basis.(includes survey data management, new leader tracking updates, and monthly term and req data, and other reporting and data mining needs as arise).
- Support learning team with training coordination and delivery: setting assignments per job role in learning management system. Help manage learning calendar consistently. Develop, deliver, coordinate and support in-person or virtual training sessions, including training logistic arrangements, training materials management (training materials, managing training calendars and updates, attendance records and invitations, agendas and training evaluations).
- May also travel throughout the United States as needed less than 15% of the time
All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.