People Talent & Learning Onboarding Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Human Resources (People Team)
* This position is for a 3-month contract role. *
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Onboarding Specialist lives our vision and mission to provide “Unparalleled Experiences” and GO above and beyond for our customers, team members, partners and communities by ensuring that their experience is effortless, personal and connected.
The Learning Onboarding Specialist leads the creation of an enhanced personal onboarding experience for GHUC team members, with the focus of increasing new team member engagement and early retention. The Onboarding Specialist collaborates with Talent Acquisition, IT and the Learning Team to plan and prepare for new hires joining the organization, which includes the identification and coordination of the new hire’s training schedule, personally reaching out and communicating the onboarding/training schedule, what to expect, what to complete, where to be and verifying the new team member will have required system access to successfully begin their training. The ultimate goal is to organize the onboarding procedures for all team members joining GHUC and facilitating the new hires experience in every aspect.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Meet with Talent Acquisition weekly to obtain new hire volume and plans for upcoming 2 months, minimum.
- Manage and input training dates in learning platform (ie, Airtable) for Talent Acquisition to enroll new hires.
- Continuously manage and communicate training schedules, updates and hiring volumes with the Learning team, making recommended training class edits/adds as appropriate. Communication may include comprehensive email, telephone, and/or video conversations to create engagement and excitement for new hires joining GHUC.
- Welcome and communicate with each new hire, identifying training availability and confirming training schedule.
- Once new hire training availability is obtained, will create a training schedule from classroom, virtual to Practical Skills Training (PST). Practical Skills Training may be scheduled in coordination with market operations, where applicable.
- Accurately communicate the new team member’s onboarding plan (credential clearance needs/planning for providers, training location, dress code, I9 procedure, scrubs, badge, Learning Coach assignment, and/or any other necessary details for first day/week in the new role).
- Assist the Learning team with the market learning reports, to include learning data pulling, creating powerpoints and other tracking data reporting, as needed.
- Manage IT credential clearance prior to new hires starting their first day of training. Escalate start date decision per IT credential status and completion to the Learning Manager and Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Support and coordinate onboarding of all levels of positions within the organization to ensure a seamless, high touch, personal onboarding experience. (Staff, providers, leaders, etc)
- Cultivate and build strong business relationships with other markets and departments to ensure each new hire is set up for success on Day 1.
- Serve as the point of contact and resource for new hires and hiring mangers during the training and onboarding period into the first 30-days of employment, providing insight and guidance on a variety of situations that may arise.
- Badge, scrub ordering and/or coordination, as determined.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Communications or a relevant field
- Prior experience as an HR Onboarding Specialist or Talent Coordinator
- Experience with HRIS and MS Office systems, specifically the ability to navigate databases such as MS Excel, and/or scheduling systems
- Sound knowledge of HR processes (e.g. recruitment, onboarding, training, credentialing, scheduling, etc.)
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- The ability to collect, organize, and interpret data to be used by other teams/groups
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain balance among multiple requests
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.