Pediatric Urgent Care Technician (Paramedic)
Beaverton, OR | Center Operations
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates Degree, preferred.
- 0-2+ years of Paramedic experience
- 3+ years of Paramedic experience preferred
- Pediatric care experience preferred
- Certification by the Department of Health as Paramedic, required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ACLS) required
Demonstrated competency in, at least, one of the following:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) testing
- Venipuncture procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Conduct interviews to verify patient information.; record medical history and confirm purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test vital signs; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Assist provider with patient evaluation and perform in office procedures and notify providers of abnormal patient findings.
- Perform in office point of service testing, including flu, mono, strep, urinalysis, phlebotomy and EKG.
- Perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshoot breakdowns, maintain supplies, perform preventive maintenance, and call for repairs as needed.
- Perform BLS emergency care procedures and manage environmental emergencies
- Assist patients with self-administration or administer emergency medications as described by the assigned state and local protocol
- Prepare set-up for various clinical procedures, including suturing, foley insertion, lavage, etc. (i.e. suturing, foley insertion, and lavage)
- Conduct intravenous therapy (IV), splinting, venipuncture and other related clinical procedures as needed.
- Performing courtesy call backs to follow up on patients.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for patients by providing exceptional customer service.
- Verify insurance information and collect and process co-payments and deductibles.
- Schedule patient appointments for assigned center and/or coordinate provider referrals to assigned specialist.
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; complete diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and maintain patient information confidentiality.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
The Greater Portland market spans both Washington and Oregon. Magnificent Mount Hood is always in view, accessed by the historic Columbia River Highway, which winds through beautiful rivers, waterfalls, valleys and scenic sights. Local attractions include the Pittock Mansion, St. Johns Bridge, the International Rose Test Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. There are also many wineries and breweries, the Portland Farmers Market, and lots of local music and nightlife — plus great shopping and restaurants. And you’ll find many friendly neighborhoods with great schools.