Atlanta, GA| Accounting
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the administration of payroll processing, including but not limited to export of payroll time across multiple locations, employee data entry, maintenance of system, payroll reporting, and communication with management and employees for assigned market(s).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some College courses preferred
- 5+ years experience of full cycle payroll process experience required
- Experience processing payroll for multiple states
- Experience with payroll system platform(s)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Efficient knowledge in payroll best practices
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Able to work under stress to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Knowledge of multiple state and local taxes preferred
- Process payroll to net complete for assigned Pay Groups.
- Responsible for timely updates and verification of employee changes, including tax withholdings, direct deposits and addresses within the database system
- Serve as the administrator for time and attendance for assigned market(s).
- Responsible for making updates employee 401(k) Benefits deductions as requested.
- Responsible for various payroll reporting to be distributed to Operational Management or other teams as needed.
- Reconcile Paid Time Off balances
- Respond to payroll related inquiries from management and employees.
- Assist with implementation of new Pay Groups and employee/manager training
- Additional duties as assigned
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), high school, GED, healthcare, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, HR
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.