Atlanta, GA | Finance & Accounting
Position Summary:GoHealth Urgent Care partners with healthcare systems across the country to provide unparalleled experiences for our customers, employees, partners and community. We live our values of innovation, collaboration, diversity/inclusion, courage/integrity and accountability. We believe in promoting from within and the value of each team member. Check us out as we are growing and in need of professionals whose mission and values coincide with GoHealth!
We are seeking an experienced Corporate Payroll Manager to oversee payroll for a multi entity healthcare corporation with approximately 1,500 employees. Must have experience working in a multi-state, multi-entity environment. Requires a strong understanding of FLSA requirements and a proven ability to manage a team.
This position is responsible for managing the day to day functions of the Corporate payroll department, analyzing and solving a variety of complex and diverse problems/issues, and ensuring compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- 3+ Years as Payroll Manager required
- 5+ Years as Payroll Manager preferred
- Knowledge of wage and hour guidelines and pay practices
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent management skills with ability to coach and motivate team.
- Strong PC skills, including Outlook and MS Office, and hands on experience in Excel
- Payroll System experience. Preferably Ceridian/Dayforce
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- (Prioritized) Functional Competencies: to be selected and prioritized by the hiring manager for each position
- Timely completion of all payroll functions
- Ensures that payroll is processed accurately and in compliance with pertinent federal and state regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Timely accurate submission of required payroll reports, tax reports and labor reports
- Completes the review and approval of payroll and corrects any payroll discrepancies
- Maintains control totals to assure accuracy of all payrolls
- Reconciles tax withholdings and gross earnings for quarterly tax reporting, 401k and annual W-2 processing
- Ensures the payroll system is functioning properly and trouble shoots any problems
- Improves processes and leverages technological functionality to ensure systems and staff are fully optimized to manage staffing, overtime and maintain cost efficiency
- Processes garnishments
- Ensure that state payroll laws and regulations are implemented to maintain compliance
- Other special projects, as needed
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.