Gresham, OR| Administrative
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. GoHealth Urgent Care operates urgent care centers in the New York, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, Hartford, CT metropolitan areas with plans for additional expansion in Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas and other markets.
The Patient Coordinator serves as the initial point of contact with patients and the public on the Center’s behalf. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: welcoming all persons into the Center, makes patients and all visitors feel comfortable, anticipate and attend to the needs of our patients. This position includes answering the telephone, routing incoming calls to the appropriate party, scheduling patient appointments, collecting time of service payments and assisting in the insurance verification process.
Meet and greet:
- Ensure that incoming patients are welcomed to the Center in a warm and professional manner
- Check patients in for their appointments, securing the necessary paperwork and insurance documentation
- Answer patient’s questions; provide comfort zone for patients in preparation for visit
- Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
Serve as the Center facilitator:
- Communicate with the technical staff regarding patient flow, addressing needs and keeping patient informed
- Ensure that each patient leaves Center having had an effortless patient experience
- Assist in other areas of the office as time permits
Billing, Insurance and Time of Service Collections:
- Know the amount the patient is to pay and collect money without adversely affecting customer service
- Know and understand patient payment options which include payment by cash, check, credit card
- Contact insurance companies to verify patient eligibility
- Communicate as needed with the Center Operations Manager regarding patient information and challenges concerning the collection of patient responsible amounts
Manage physical environment:
- Ensure that front office and reception area are clean and tidy always
- Responsible for making sure the flow of the front office area is smooth
- Informs the Center Operations Manager if any issues arise
Meet/exceed GoHealth customer service standards:
- Handle the patient arrival and registration with a friendly smile
- Manage the patient’s waiting period
- Handle the patient’s exit from the Center with kindness and professionalism
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Undergraduate degree, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a Customer Service role, required
- Medical Office experience, preferred
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, clerical, customer service
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding urgent care career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: the flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, providers can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives. And our practice model helps free them from excessive paperwork and overly burdensome regulatory programs that take away from the time they could spend providing the highest-quality care for their patients.
The lifestyle you can lead.
The Greater Portland market spans both Washington and Oregon. Magnificent Mount Hood is always in view, accessed by the historic Columbia River Highway, which winds through beautiful rivers, waterfalls, valleys and scenic sights. Local attractions include the Pittock Mansion, St. Johns Bridge, the International Rose Test Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. There are also many wineries and breweries, the Portland Farmers Market, and lots of local music and nightlife — plus great shopping and restaurants. And you’ll find many friendly neighborhoods with great schools.