Patient Account Specialist
Atlanta, GA| Accounts Receivable
Responsible for the day to day overall management of all Patient Account and Collection Receivables. This includes the supervision of the Statement Process, Report management, management of the Customer Service call center, Third Party Vendor relations to include submission of statements to coordination of the collection transition accounts.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 5 years of Healthcare experience required.
- 3 years of progressive management experience required.
- CPAR – Certified Patient Account Representative preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong knowledge of the Account’s Receivable process.
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Maintain Daily communication with direct reports and team leads.
- Maintain a high-level customer service approach to working with Accounts Receivable Specialists, payors and centers.
- Establish and maintain a high-levell customer service approach to working with all patients.
- Handle all Level 4 support calls with centers and patients
- With support of the Director; interview, hire, and review team members.
- Implement audits of team’s adherence to script, customer service and system documentation.
- Produce and maintain key metrics for statement collection rates, medium collection rates and hard collection rates.
- Recommend team for structured quarterly bonus calculation.
- Provide training for all staff.
- Establish with Director policies for patient collection process and maintain those policies.
- Implement and maintain ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) for inbound patient calls.
- Works with statement and collections vendors to resolve any issues.
- Establish monthly calls with collections vendor to discuss performance.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff.
- Ability to handle service issues professionally.
- Ability to follow through with customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy.
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
- Maintain focus under pressure
- Share relevant information with other team members
Medical Terminology & Insurance
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, insurance, accounting, customer service
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding urgent care career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: the flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, providers can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives. And our practice model helps free them from excessive paperwork and overly burdensome regulatory programs that take away from the time they could spend providing the highest-quality care for their patients.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.