Patient Account Specialist
Atlanta, GA| Accounts Receivable
- Maintain Daily communication with Team Leaders/Section Leaders
- Maintain a high-level customer service approach to working with Accounts Receivable Specialists, payors and centers.
- Establish and maintain a high-level customer service approach to working with all patients.
- PAS will work each call to its conclusion including but not limited to working with other teams to research, review and respond to the patient’s needs and provide follow up within 24 hour period.
- PAS will be responsible for assigned reports that will be completed in the allotted timeframe. This will include but not limited to Bankruptcies, Death notifications, Agency Referral, Hold Reports, Cancellation reports, Payment Plan reports, statement requests, Address mail changes and any other report that will need to be worked to complete patient record.
- PAS will be responsible for collecting unpaid balances.
- PAS will be responsible for processing and batching credit card payments.
- PAS are responsible for reviewing and completing all assigned reports within allotted time frame.
PAS are responsible for updating patient demographic information from returned mail and address correction reports.
- Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff.
- Ability to handle service issues professionally.
- Ability to follow through with customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to coordination the pre-collection without losing scan and increasing cancellation rate.
- Ability to type proficiently.
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center.
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes.
- Maintain focus under pressure.
- Share relevant information with other employees.
- Volunteer to assist others when time permits.
- Medical Terminology & Insurance
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology.
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly.
- Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 2 years Medical Billing experience required
- Medical insurance billing and claims processing preferred
- CPAR – Certified Patient Account Representative preferred
- Hands on knowledge of CPT and ICD codes
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, A/R, accounting, accounts receivable, healthcare, medical, insurance, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.