Paramedic / EMT
New Rochelle, NY | Paramedic
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates Degree, preferred.
- Successfully completion of an approved New York State Paramedic course.
- 0-2+ years of Paramedic experience
- 3+ years of Paramedic experience preferred
- Pediatric care experience preferred
- Certification by the New York State Department of Health as Paramedic, required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ACLS) required
Demonstrated competency in, at least, one of the following,
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) testing
- Venipuncture procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records
- Point of Care Testing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of HIPPA
- Conduct interviews to verify patient information.; record medical history and confirm purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test vital signs; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Assist provider with patient evaluation and perform in office procedures and notify providers of abnormal patient findings.
- Perform in office point of service testing, including flu, mono, strep, urinalysis, phlebotomy and EKG.
- Perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshoot breakdowns, maintain supplies, perform preventive maintenance, and call for repairs as needed.
- Perform BLS emergency care procedures and manage environmental emergencies
- Assist patients with self-administration or administer emergency medications as described by the assigned state and local protocol
- Prepare set-up for various clinical procedures, including suturing, foley insertion, lavage, etc. (i.e. suturing, foley insertion, and lavage)
- Conduct intravenous therapy (IV), splinting, venipuncture and other related clinical procedures as needed.
- Performing courtesy call backs to follow up on patients.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for patients by providing exceptional customer service.
- Verify insurance information and collect and process co-payments and deductibles.
- Schedule patient appointments for assigned center and/or coordinate provider referrals to assigned specialist.
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; complete diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and maintain patient information confidentiality.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.