Paramedic - Pediatric Urgent Care Setting
Hewlett, NY| Paramedics
Responsibilities include front desk registration, patient vital sign collection, social and medical history collection, point-of-care testing and provider assistance with in-office procedures.
Northwell Health-GoHealth Urgent Care has received the highest level of recognition for urgent care centers—an accreditation from the Urgent Care Association (UCA). Of the approximately 8,100 urgent care centers in this country, only 545 have attained UCA's accreditation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Associates Degree
- Successfully completion of an approved New York State Paramedic course.
- 0-2+ years of Paramedic experience
- 3+ years of Paramedic experience preferred
- Pediatric care experience preferred
- Certification by the New York State Department of Health as Paramedic, required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ACLS) required
- Demonstrated competency in, at least, one of the following,
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) testing
- Venipuncture procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records
- Point of Care Testing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of HIPPA
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for patients by providing exceptional customer service.
- Verify insurance information and collect and process co-payments and deductibles.
- Schedule patient appointments for the assigned center and/or coordinate provider referrals to the assigned specialist.
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; complete diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and maintain patient information confidentiality.
- Follow standards and procedures and comply with legal regulations in an effort to maintain safe secure, and healthy work environment.
- Conduct a regular stock inventory to ensure medical supplies are readily available, including order placement and verification of receipt.
- Perform closing duties such as cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Conduct interviews to verify patient information.; record medical history and confirm the purpose of the visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test vital signs; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Assist provider with patient evaluation and perform in office procedures and notify providers of abnormal patient findings.
- Perform in office point of service testing, including flu, mono, strep, urinalysis, phlebotomy and EKG.
- Perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshoot breakdowns, maintain supplies, perform preventive maintenance, and call for repairs as needed.
- Perform BLS emergency care procedures and manage environmental emergencies
- Assist patients with self-administration or administer emergency medications as described by the assigned state and local protocol
- Prepare set-up for various clinical procedures, including suturing, foley insertion, lavage, etc. (i.e. suturing, foley insertion, and lavage)
- Conduct intravenous therapy (IV), splinting, venipuncture and other related clinical procedures as needed.
- Performing courtesy callbacks to follow up on patients.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, EMS
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.