Online Experience Development Manager
San Francisco, CA| Marketing
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Online Experience Development Manager is responsible for implementing effective technical solutions based on business and marketing goals, helping shape how users interact with landing pages and our web properties. The position, working with the VP of Marketing, will translate marketing goals into user experiences for implementation, identify feature gaps and points of complexity, and help stakeholders scope for a successful project.
The role will interface and collaborate with the respective marketing leaders and web development counterparts at GoHealth Urgent Care and external stakeholders on key digital projects and initiatives. In addition, the Online Experience Development Manager will develop and document standards, web modules and perform code reviews to ensure that agencies and team members are following standards, documenting projects and checking code into the code repository.
The Online Experience Development Manager, working with the VP of Marketing, will develop, manage and communicate a (UX) testing/research roadmap that includes both qualitative and quantitative research methods to measure the effectiveness of existing and proposed digital assets and web properties. Working with our agency, the role will also manage A/B testing and user testing data analysis and report creation, providing recommendations for next steps in design or development based on user feedback, usage patterns and testing outcomes.
- Act as the subject matter expert, providing solutions and education to web development/user testing questions, concerns, trends and best practices. Represent the business with a clear understanding of technology needs.
- Analyze business process, collaborating with subject matter experts in requirements gathering to understand purpose/objective, data, system of record, integration points, etc. Review processes and procedures for optimization.
- Maintain web development through code standards, code documentation and the use of a code repository.
- Conduct and evaluate software, technologies, data, market/industry trends and benchmarks, competitors, and best practices.
- Provide regular analysis and recommendations to improve campaign performance and effectiveness and contributes to Marketing Reports.
- Develop detailed project plans to meet team objectives, providing regular updates on progress toward goals. Assess team members’ skill levels and experience and provide ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure team stays sharp in a rapidly changing arena.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels.
- As the team grows, provide regular, constructive and direct feedback to team members to help them excel at their job and craft, navigate their desired career path, and experience the satisfaction of professional growth.
Integrated Planning and Development:
- Provide integrated systems and planning. Recommend technologies to enhance and achieve business goals. Oversee development of new systems and architecture into current infrastructure. Provide technical direction and support for complex cross-functional projects. Help define, estimate and propose solutions for business problems.
- Builds and tests web assets, develops workflows and data capture templates/forms, and perform code reviews
- Uphold GoHealth Urgent Care standards on brand, code and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance.
- In collaboration with marketing colleagues, support A/B and multivariate testing as needed for marketing campaigns and overall website optimization.
UX Research and User Testing:
- Develop, manage and communicate a (UX) testing/research roadmap that includes both qualitative and quantitative research methods to measure the effectiveness of existing and proposed websites.
- Prioritizes UX research work to align with business goals and product development cadence, and marketing campaign needs.
- Manages resource-planning; create project proposals, track project assignments and workload for UX team to ensure timely delivery.
- Oversees research efforts by vendor partners and effectively communicates design recommendations based on data from research findings.
- Plans for iterative testing and design to support a design centered thinking approach to website development.
- Creates ad hoc, monthly and quarterly reports and presentations for stakeholders.
- Manages an annual usability testing budget; including funding for recruiting, incentives and tool costs.
Internal and External Partnerships:
- Collaborate with key partners such as Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, agencies, and internal constituents including Marketing, Information Technology/Web Development, Compliance and Legal to ensure an integrated strategy to maximize ROI.
- Work closely with IT/Web Development to ensure optimal, non-duplicative workstreams
- Development to Build and own relationships with appropriate external vendors as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web strategy, design, development and implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of software development, technical design, consumer research, UI/UX, performance and analytics. Social media, marketing and healthcare experience a plus.
- Proven experience developing web assets.
- Experience liaising between business and technical teams.
- Experience managing large-scale web projects for a large organization.
- Experience managing people within and outside core team to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Experience with remote usability testing tools such as Mixpanel, Userzoom
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing and tools such as Optimizely, Oracle Maxymiser, Kissmetrics
- Understanding of HIPAA and Section 508/WCAG 2.0 Accessibility standards
- Strong skills in HTML, CSS3, jQuery, Ajax, PHP, XSL
- Advanced user in CMS systems such as WordPress, Drupal
- Strong creative mind with the ability to ideate new methods for achieving team goals and bring design vision to life
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical teams
- Proficient in all standard Microsoft Office related programs
- Bonus skills: Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong aesthetic sense; highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Innate focus on delivering amazing experiences for consumers and our customers
- A can-do attitude with a readiness to climb mountains, working work in a high volume/fast paced environment
- Self-directed and motivated; proactively approaches issues taking ownership to drive resolution
- Strong collaborator
- Ability to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities required
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, adapt to industry and organizational change is required
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
UI/UX, UXPA, User experience, development cycle, human-centered design, usabilityJob, healthcare, career, employment, opening, staff, HTML, CSS3, jQuery, Ajax, PHP, XSL
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
San Francisco is Northern California’s cultural, commercial and financial center, and home to approximately 850,000 residents. Its culture is one of diversity and inclusion. Attractions include the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, colorful Victorian houses and classic cable cars. There are beautiful views and parks, including the Japanese Tea Garden and San Francisco Botanical Garden. In addition to being in the capital of technology, you’ll find fantastic shopping, diverse nightlife and exquisite cuisine. Choose from many charming neighborhoods with great nearby schools and colleges.