Medical Records Specialist
Atlanta, GA| Accounts Receivable
The Medical Records Clerk responds to internal and external requests for patient records. Responsible for retrieving and transmitting patient records appropriately.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ months experience in a clinical/medical administrative related field required
- EPIC and E Clinical Works systems experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent communication skills
- Courteous demeanor and professional attitude
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Results and deadline driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Team Player
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain a joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency through a process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting them appropriately.
- Obtains documentation requested by healthcare professionals, such as test results that are not yet filed in medical records.
- Follows procedures, protocols and rules to perform job duties while adhering to regulations and policies set forth by the company.
- Maintains and protects sensitive and private information by keeping patient records confidential in accordance with HIPAA, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Accepts ownership and responsibility for all actions, tasks and requests to enhance medical records management and Urgent care compliance and reputation.
- Engages in ongoing training, education and professional activities to enhance knowledge, skills and professionalism.
- Invoice attorney offices for medical records requests.
- Performs other clerical tasks as needed, such as answering phones and faxing.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.