Medical Payment Posting Associate
Atlanta, GA | Billing
Founded in 2013 on the philosophy that people deserve the highest-quality patient experience in a walk-in care environment, GoHealth Urgent Care has grown to more than 125 state-of-the-art urgent care centers in just a few years. And we continue to expand rapidly.
The Posting Associate is responsible for the day to day processing and posting of all billing deposits in the practice management system, confirmation of bank deposit, record retention of all financial documents, and timely processing for daily and monthly closing process.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- 1 year of related experience and/or training required
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
Customer service skills:
Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
Ability to handle service issues professionally
Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
Medical Terminology and Insurance:
Ability to understand basic medical terminology
Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
- Process and confirm bank deposits to source documents received from daily lock box
- Post daily deposits into practice management system
- Conduct close-of day and close-of-month process and making sure all systems are in balance before closing
- Communicate with Joint Venture partner regarding any payments that are considered paid but funds have not been received to post to patient accounts
- Responsible for effective and efficient record retention of financial documents
- All other duties as assigned
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.