Medical Assistant - Sourcing for Connecticut
Enfield, CT | Medical Assistant
- Maintain a welcoming environment for people Hospitality, check-in and registration
- Verifying insurances
- Collecting and processing co-pays
- Taking vital signs and documenting findings in the medical records
- Performing and documenting daily controls and calibrations of laboratory equipment when needed
- Assisting providers with special procedures and exams, including ensuring the patient is properly prepared for examination by the provider and assisting the patient after the examination or procedure
- Work with radiology technologist on clinical/reception tasks, stocking and cleaning rooms
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social differences
- Medical assistant experience required (EKG, venipuncture, strapping & splinting, wound care, perform rapid testing such as strep, mono, flu, UA)
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Front Desk experience preferred
- CCMA - Certified Clinical Medical AssistantÂ (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA - Certified Medical AssistantÂ (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- RMA - Registered Medical AssistantÂ (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA - National Certified Medical AssociationÂ (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technician (verifiedÂ through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, has a population of 125,000 and something to offer everyone, with a mix of history, culture, entertainment and excellent restaurants. Hartford’s nearby suburbs are also a great place to live and work. Avon is home to beautiful Found Land Park and a historic one-room schoolhouse. Bloomfield features magnificent Penwood State Park. Roaring Brook Nature Center and Sweetheart Mountain’s tranquil trails are just outside Canton. These communities and others offer welcoming neighborhoods, good schools and an outstanding quality of life.