Medical Assistant - Per Diem
Oklahoma City, OK | Medical Assistant
- Assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of an urgent care provider.
- Manage the check-in and registration process, interview patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and record information on patients' charts.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Flexible scheduling - no night shifts and 5 weeks of PTO per year
- Rates start at $15 / hour!
- Full suite of comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance and retirement plans with generous employer matching
- Opportunity to advance to leadership positions in Center Operations, Clinical Education and MA practice
- EMR training for Epic
- Direct mentoring relationships with providers and market leadership
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program – or – 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience under a licensed healthcare supervisor within the last 3 years (ABR-OE from the AAMA must be obtained within 2 weeks of hire if Medical Assistant Certification is not obtained upon hire)
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Front Desk experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire
One of the following certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
EMT – Emergency Medical Technician (verified through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or LPN at the time of hire
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
As Oklahoma’s capital and its largest city, Oklahoma City (OKC) has a metro-area population of more than 1.3 million. Thanks to an influx of younger residents in recent years, the region has become greatly energized and more progressive. In 2017, Business Insider ranked it the No. 8 city in the nation for millennials, while CNBC ranked OKC as No. 1 in 2018 for high wages and low cost of living. The city’s attractions include the OKC Thunder NBA team, a revitalized downtown area and excellent museums. Located in the heart of Native American country, OKC’s many tribal nations contribute significantly to its diverse cultural fabric. Family-friendly attractions include the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden, Science Museum Oklahoma, Frontier City and White Water Bay. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy the Oklahoma River, Myriad Botanical Gardens and Lake Hefner.