Medical Assistant - Float
Vancouver, WA | Medical Assistant
In a collaborative manner, the Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Medical Assistant completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through: an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our five core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Accountability.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program required
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Front Desk experience preferred
One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 6 months of hire):
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Association (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- ABR-OE- Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social difference
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
The Greater Portland market spans both Washington and Oregon. Magnificent Mount Hood is always in view, accessed by the historic Columbia River Highway, which winds through beautiful rivers, waterfalls, valleys and scenic sights. Local attractions include the Pittock Mansion, St. Johns Bridge, the International Rose Test Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. There are also many wineries and breweries, the Portland Farmers Market, and lots of local music and nightlife — plus great shopping and restaurants. And you’ll find many friendly neighborhoods with great schools.