Medical Assistant - Float
San Francisco, CA| Medical Assistants
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- BLS Required
- ABR-OE- Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry; CPOE- Computerized Physician Order Entry (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Clean driving record
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for patients by providing exceptional customer service.
- Verify insurance information as well as collecting and processing co-pays.
- Schedule patient appointments for the assigned center and/or coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist. Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; complete diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and maintain patient information confidentiality.
- Follow standards and procedures and comply with legal regulations in an effort to maintain safe secure, and healthy work environment.
- Conduct regular stock inventory to ensure medical supplies are readily available, including order placement and verification of receipt. Perform closing duties such as cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Ability to work rotating weekends and mid-day hours.
- Conduct interviews to verify patient information.; record medical history and confirm the purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test vital signs; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Assist provider with patient evaluation and perform in-office procedures.
- Perform in office point of service testing, including flu, mono, strep, urinalysis, phlebotomy and EKG.
- Perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns, maintain supplies, perform preventive maintenance, and call for repairs as needed.
- Performing courtesy callbacks to follow up on patients.
- Assist in providing meal breaks to multiple sites during the midday hours of the shift.
- All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
San Francisco is Northern California’s cultural, commercial and financial center, and home to approximately 850,000 residents. Its culture is one of diversity and inclusion. Attractions include the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, colorful Victorian houses and classic cable cars. There are beautiful views and parks, including the Japanese Tea Garden and San Francisco Botanical Garden. In addition to being in the capital of technology, you’ll find fantastic shopping, diverse nightlife and exquisite cuisine. Choose from many charming neighborhoods with great nearby schools and colleges.