Medical Assistant - Float
Greater Charlotte Region
Charlotte, NC | Medical Assistant
Position Summary:At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. We would love for you to become a member of our team!
In a collaborative manner, the Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Medical Assistant completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through: an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our five core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Accountability.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience or (medical) military experience in lieu of required certifications listed below
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire
One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 6 month of hire):
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth Urgent Care team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.