South Windsor, CT| Medical Assistant
GoHealth Urgent Care is seeking motivated and friendly medical assistants in our rapidly growing practices. Our medical assistants take an active role in our patient experience, beginning the moment a someone walks through our door.If you're passionate about great service and have experience in an urgent care, medical office or hospital setting, GoHealth Urgent Care is looking for you. We have competitive compensation and offer full benefits.
- Maintain a welcoming environment for people
- Hospitality, check-in and registration
- Verifying insurances
- Collecting and processing co-pays
- Taking vital signs and documenting findings in the medical records
- Performing and documenting daily controls and calibrations of laboratory equipment when needed
- Assisting providers with special procedures and exams, including ensuring the patient is properly prepared for examination by the provider and assisting the patient after the examination or procedure
- Work with radiology technologist on clinical/reception tasks, stocking and cleaning rooms
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social differences
- Medical assistant experience required (EKG, venipuncture, strapping & splinting, wound care, perform rapid testing such as strep, mono, flu, UA)
- Front desk experience preferred
- Experience with electronic medical records
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) required
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) preferred
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding urgent care career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: the flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, providers can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives. And our practice model helps free them from excessive paperwork and overly burdensome regulatory programs that take away from the time they could spend providing the highest-quality care for their patients.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, has a population of 125,000 and something to offer everyone, with a mix of history, culture, entertainment and excellent restaurants. Hartford’s nearby suburbs are also a great place to live and work. Avon is home to beautiful Found Land Park and a historic one-room schoolhouse. Bloomfield features magnificent Penwood State Park. Roaring Brook Nature Center and Sweetheart Mountain’s tranquil trails are just outside Canton. These communities and others offer welcoming neighborhoods, good schools and an outstanding quality of life.