San Bruno, CA| Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of an urgent care provider. Manages the check-in and registration process, interview patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- High School Diploma required.
- Medical assistant experience required.
- EKG, venipuncture, strapping & splinting, wound care, perform rapid testing such as strep, mono, flu, UA, required.
- Front desk experience preferred, preferred.
- Must have at least one of the following: AAMA, RMA, NCCT, ABR-OE or CPOE Certification.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic Medical Assistant duties.
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social differences.
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- Maintain a welcoming environment for people.
- Hospitality, check in and registration.
- Verifying insurances.
- Collecting and processing co-pays.
- Taking vital signs and documenting findings in the medical records.
- Performing and documenting daily controls and calibrations of laboratory equipment when needed.
- Assisting providers with special procedures and exams, including ensuring the patient is properly prepared for examination by the provider and assisting the patient after the examination or procedure.
- Work with radiology technologist on clinical/reception tasks, stocking and cleaning rooms All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, CMA, RMA
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
San Francisco is Northern California’s cultural, commercial and financial center, and home to approximately 850,000 residents. Its culture is one of diversity and inclusion. Attractions include the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, colorful Victorian houses and classic cable cars. There are beautiful views and parks, including the Japanese Tea Garden and San Francisco Botanical Garden. In addition to being in the capital of technology, you’ll find fantastic shopping, diverse nightlife and exquisite cuisine. Choose from many charming neighborhoods with great nearby schools and colleges.