Newark, DE | Medical Assistant
**EXCELLENT BONUS PROGRAM: Quarterly target bonus of up to 5% based on the customer satisfaction scores of your locations. AND up to $450 per month for a productivity bonus if certain center metrics are met.**
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. We would love for you to become a member of our team!
In a collaborative manner, the Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers,and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Medical Assistant completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through: an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our five core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Accountability.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience or (medical) military experience in lieu of required certifications listed below
- Basic Life Support (BLS) must be obtained within 6 months of hire
One of the following certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire:
- CCMA - Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA - Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA - Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA - National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
“The First State” offers its residents miles of pristine beaches, the regal charm of “Chateau Country,” wildlife refuges and cultural activities galore. Part of the northeast megalopolis of cities along I-95, Delaware is close to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C. and New York City. Excellent transportation connects residents to these major cities and beyond. The University of Delaware, Widener University School of Law, and Wilmington University are among the notable higher education institutions in the area. Perhaps best of all, the cost of living in Delaware is substantially lower than the majority of states on the East Coast. And in the region, Delaware is known as the “Home of Tax-Free Shopping”—it is one of only five states without sales tax.