Edmond, OK | Medical Assistant
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. GoHealth Urgent Care operates urgent care centers in the New York, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, Hartford, CT metropolitan areas with plans for additional expansion in Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas and other markets.
Seeking motivated and friendly several per diem Medical Assistants for our urgent care centers in the Oklahoma City area.
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. We would love for you to become a member of our team!
The Medical Assistant assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of an urgent care provider. Manages the check-in and registration process, interview patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program required
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Front Desk experience preferred
One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 6 month of hire):
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Association (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- ABR-OE- Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social difference
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
As Oklahoma’s capital and its largest city, Oklahoma City (OKC) has a metro-area population of more than 1.3 million. Thanks to an influx of younger residents in recent years, the region has become greatly energized and more progressive. In 2017, Business Insider ranked it the No. 8 city in the nation for millennials, while CNBC ranked OKC as No. 1 in 2018 for high wages and low cost of living. The city’s attractions include the OKC Thunder NBA team, a revitalized downtown area and excellent museums. Located in the heart of Native American country, OKC’s many tribal nations contribute significantly to its diverse cultural fabric. Family-friendly attractions include the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden, Science Museum Oklahoma, Frontier City and White Water Bay. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy the Oklahoma River, Myriad Botanical Gardens and Lake Hefner.