Manager Systems Engineering
Atlanta, GA| Information Technology
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Systems Engineering Manager is a technical leader for the Systems Engineering team, managing the engineering staff in the day to day performance of their jobs. Providing the team with guidance and support with tasks at hand and ensuring that project milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved timelines and expectations.
The manager shall take ownership of hiring and coaching team members. Must have knowledge of department processes. In addition to management tasks and responsibilities,
it is expected that the Systems Engineering Manager can perform all the functions that a Systems Engineer does including managing daily operations in the department responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure. Ensures that hardware, software and/or cloud systems are designed and installed in a manner that meets the needs of the organization. Monitors systems performance and provides recommendations as required. Must be able to build, configure, manage, and administer current engineering systems. Identify and resolve issues, handle escalation and communicate with leadership.
Will be directly involved in planning short and long-term projects to increase efficiency and meet company needs. As well as, drive technical excellence for meeting technical standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 5 years systems engineer experience required
- 2 years of leadership experience preferred
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft based environments and software.
- Knowledge and experience with SAML based authentication
- In-depth Active Directory roles and services
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills
- Solid networking knowledge, switching, firewalls, WAN and wireless infrastructure, VPN connectivity, PBX and VoIP.
- Experience managing MS Exchange/Outlook and Lync/Skype for Business for the corporate environment
- Solid experience in the Microsoft O365 environment
- In-depth knowledge and experience with server and desktop operating systems such as Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Mac OS\
- Prefer Solid cloud experience within Microsoft Azure.
- Prefer Data Storage experience with SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex IT projects on time and within budget
- Thorough knowledge of network, host and application technologies, particularly in a healthcare environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Familiarity and experience with Healthcare regulatory compliance and reporting bodies (HIPAA, JACHO, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of PCI Compliance
- Experience developing, implementing and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Experience using identity management systems such as Okta.
- Lead from the front – hands-on approach ensuring the success of the systems engineers and the IT department.
- Own personal and engineers plans, goals, and projects to drive greater efficiencies and success within the department and company.
Report / make visible the success and deficiencies of the team
- Share successes
- Develop plans to improve deficiencies
- Plan, architect, and document compelling technical and business-focused solutions and strategies which drive adoption and growth
- Understand and articulate the key technical and operational challenges faced by our staff and leaders.
- Act as an escalation point technical issues within the department
- Support engineers in complex evaluations, troubleshooting and challenging situations
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by director.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards
- Participate in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BCompSc or BCS or BS CS, Software Maintenance, information technology, information systems, systems engineering, infrastructure, WAN, networks, Job, healthcare, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.