Manager, Health and Safety
Remote, | Legal & Compliance
The Health and Workplace Safety Manager is responsible for leading our team member health and workplace safety programs to ensure a safe and secure work environment for all team members to deliver care for our patients and to continue to cultivate a safety culture broadly across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent in a related field required (e.g. Risk Management, Registered Nurse, Occupational Safety, Occupational Safety and Health).
- 3 years of management experience in a related field required. Experience with OSHA/workplace safety rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- 1 year of healthcare experience required.
- Broad understanding of applicable federal and state regulations required.
- Health and safety designations such as OHST, CSE, ASP, CSP are preferred.
- Knowledge of training techniques for both e-learning and facilitator-based programs preferred.
- Knowledge of hazard/risk assessment techniques and quality management systems preferred.
- Lead all aspects of our team member health and safety programs to ensure a safe and secure work environment for all team members to deliver care for our patients and to continue to cultivate a safety culture broadly across the company.
- Lead and manage workers' compensation program to drive implementation of best practices and recommendations including primary contact with insurance carrier for appropriate reporting, documentation, investigation and follow-up.
- Lead and manage our partnership with each joint venture health system’s employee and occupational health services (EHS) team, or related teams, to drive proper inclusion of GoHealth team members to participate in necessary and relevant programs and coordinate and tailor GoHealth policies as necessary with the policies of our health system partners.
- Ensure all team members have current and up-to-date required immunizations with appropriate tracking and documentation,
- Responsible for all new and current team member training and tracking related to all employee health and safety policies following applicable federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Plan, organize, develop, and implement various required occupational health and safety trainings using both in-person and e-learning strategies in partnership with operational and functional leadership.
- Lead and manage our annual accreditation with Urgent Care Association (UCA) and other relevant organizations.
- Support and collaborate across departments to ensure compliance of all regulatory requirements for all team members that include site specific hazard communication programs, emergency action and fire prevention programs, chemical inventories, OSHA Summary Log postings and compliance with applicable OSHA and state OSHA equivalent requirements for all centers and office locations.
- Manage and maintain records as it relates to the collection, notification and recordkeeping associated with employee exposure assessments and medical, health, and safety requirements.
- Support compliance team with the risk reporting process with intake, triage, and processing of incident reports and investigations and company-wide risk management program.
- Support legal team on workplace safety-related investigations, inquiries and litigation.
- Assist People Team (Human Resources) with the documentation of any applicable OSHA reportable work incidents.
- Track N95 mask usage and fit test training among team members.
- Assist purchasing team on tracking personal protective equipment inventory and usage
- Coordinate and support related health and safety investigations; assist in the root cause analysis and the dissemination of information and corrective action plans.
- Review, revise, develop and implement best practices across the company on team member health and safety.
- Develop and disseminate a regular health and safety report/dashboard to leadership and team members and develop trending based on reported incidents/identified hazards
- Develop, review and revise health and safety related plans, programs, and policies on an annual basis.
- Complete an annual risk assessment for workplace safety to identify and implement changes to health and safety program for the upcoming year.
- Work with the construction, facilities management and real estate teams to ensure all identified hazards are corrected and appropriate notifications to property management and landlords are made on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.