Learning Coach - Rad Tech (Nassau)
Rockville Centre, NY | Radiologic Technologist
Position Summary:To onboard and guide new team members, the GoHealth Urgent Care Learning Coach is assigned to a new team member to help guide and support the new team member’s onboarding learning experience and confirm the new team member is ready to conduct their job role accurately and effectively.
LEARNING COACH DEFINITION
- The GoHealth Urgent Care Learning Coach role is responsible to follow a formal and organized method of teaching new or inexperienced team members critical thinking skills and high-level competencies. A Learning Coach uses a competency-based model to foster growth learning and enhance the socialization of a learner. The types of learners include newly hired team members, team members transferring to a center or department, and those team members who require extensive support and learning experiences.
- A Learning Coach focuses on assessment and validation of skill competencies. Learning Coach duties include: (1) role modeling skills and behaviors, (2) teaching and evaluating another team member’s technical skill competencies using pre-approved methods and procedures, (3) accountability for the team member’s competence validation, (4) orientation to the center or department and organization and review of an orientation check-list, and (5) bringing the assigned team member up to a predetermined level of competency for the specific job.
- A Learning Coach encompasses a minimum of 40 hours to a maximum of 80 hours of dedicated time invested with an assigned team member or a combination of 40-80 hours with several team members of one-on-one dedicated time to ensure a level of knowledge and skills is acceptable within the company’s learning standards required.
A single learning coach assignment will last 40-80 hours. The applicable market leader must approve each learning coach plan. Each regional operations manager or department leader is responsible for partnering with the market’s Learning Training Specialist to provide recommendations for interviewing and selecting learning coaches when needed and assuring they are trained and prepared for the assignment. Selection is based on demonstrated:
- Competencies on center or departmental standards
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in critical thinking and technical skills
- Learning Coaches must have and maintain acceptable Learning Coach evaluations, semi-annually. The Learning Coach must maintain 85% or greater team member evaluation feedback being at the fully meets or higher level each year. If this evaluation level is not met, the Learning Coach role may be terminated at the request of the Training Specialist.
- Learning Coaches must have documentation of successful completion of annual competency evaluation, to continue in the Learning Coach role.
- To meet new hire learning schedule needs, it’s expected that Learning Coaches conduct all coaching sessions assigned to them during their work schedule. A Learning Coach may be excused from an assigned learning coach session due to planned PTO or unplanned PTO for illness or emergencies. Cancellation of a scheduled learning coach session due to an unplanned PTO (less than 3-week notice) may be accepted no more than once per quarter. If more than one scheduled learning coach assignment is missed/cancelled per quarter due to unplanned PTO, the Learning Coach role may be terminated.
- Provide in-center coaching to new team members on all assigned areas of the core competencies.
- Provide timely feedback on assigned team member performance and escalate any issues if required.
- Collaborate with Training Specialists and Learning team leaders for ongoing quality improvements for the training program.
- Track and manage the assigned new team member’s completion of Core Competency Checklist items and submit e-form when completed.
- Accept learning coach assignments scheduled by Training Specialists with no more than one declination per month.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.