Lead Training Specialist
West Hartford, CT | Clinical Education & Training
The Lead Training Specialist leads the development, facilitation and coordination of training programs for clinical staff including medical assistants, radiologic technologists, ACA’s, and other non-provider staff. The Lead Training Specialist will partner closely with the Manager, Clinical Training and each market Training Specialists to ensure communication among Training Specialists (weekly or bi-weekly 1:1s report out to manager(s), meeting with subject matter experts for optimization of training curriculum and delivery and sharing of best practices for training standard operating procedure across markets, and works in tandem with instructional designer for training content updates.
The Lead Training Specialist partners closely with the market operations teams, clinical leadership team across all markets and Learning team to ensure operational efficiency and clinical quality and safety learning is implemented and evaluated. The Lead Training Specialist partners closely with the market leadership to manage, coordinate and evaluate the facilitation of the staff onboarding, new hire orientation, in addition to facilitation and delivery of other training implementation projects and needs in the market.
The Lead Training Specialist is cross trained in all EMRs (EPIC, eCW, eCW 11e), helps conduct interviews for Training Specialist and Learning Coach candidates, provides cohort training relief to Training Specialists nationwide during hiring influx, and assists with training virtually or in person in the absence of a Training Specialist in a market. Working in tandem with the Learning Project Coordinator, performs Airtable audit on all market bases. Assists with planning, coordinating, and rolling out of market specific training initiatives. Leads the Subject Matter Experts annual or bi-annual review (depending on review item review can be more frequent), Leads the GoCommittee and ensures progress is being made on all GoCommittees. Works closely with the instructional designer to create and update training content and materials when necessary. Assists in the coordination of the training team for a market GoLive, reporting out to Project Manager throughout training plan and implementation period. Works in tandem with the Market Application Training Specialist for registration related updates, including various workflows and training such as DTE, Virtual Care, to name a few.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Training, Education, Sciences or business related discipline preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in medical setting
- 2+ years’ experience in providing training or learning in a medical setting
- 1-year leadership experience or project leadership, preferred
- Proven experience and knowledge of training processes, facilitation and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Use of EMR (eCW or EPIC) required
- Medical terminology
- Clinical skills in POCT, vitals intake, clinical laboratory procedures
- MA or ARRT certification preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient use and understanding of medical terminology
- Clinical skills in Point of Care Testing, vitals intake, clinical laboratory procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Lead Training Specialist helps develop and deliver new hire, EHR and clinical training program across markets with Training Specialist team. Includes new market training development planning an roll-out implementation. Travels to new markets for roll-outs, as needed.
- Lead Training Specialist optimizes new hire training program by overseeing the ongoing development and analysis of knowledge assessments, training performance evaluations and survey feedback.
- Lead Training Specialist helps facilitate and lead GoHealth New Hire Orientation for the market, coordinating with market leaders, training specialists,as necessary.
- Facilitates set up and assists in development, oversite and maintenance of the operational and educational resources including Staff Resource Hub, Provider Resource Hub, Provider wiki and Education Bulletin for each market with Training Specialist team.
- Facilitates staff competency assessments and necessary follow up training support in each market in partnership with Operations Team and the Learning Team.
- Conducts and leadscourse evaluation and assesses continuous improvement needs in partnership with operations and the Learning Team.
- Partners with Training Specialist s in each market to develop and facilitate staff training in each market for new operational workflow/processes or new business development projects.
- Partners with Manager, Clinical Training to help facilitate and lead meetings with Training Specialist s across markets for timely communication of information, optimization of training curriculum and delivery and sharing of best practices for training standard operating procedures.
- Partners with LMS Administrators and instructional designer(s) in implementing courses related to staff education.
- Helps support and lead GoCommittee planning and work in partnership with assigned Training Specialist team and Learning leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, has a population of 125,000 and something to offer everyone, with a mix of history, culture, entertainment and excellent restaurants. Hartford’s nearby suburbs are also a great place to live and work. Avon is home to beautiful Found Land Park and a historic one-room schoolhouse. Bloomfield features magnificent Penwood State Park. Roaring Brook Nature Center and Sweetheart Mountain’s tranquil trails are just outside Canton. These communities and others offer welcoming neighborhoods, good schools and an outstanding quality of life.