Lead Radiologic Technologist
Norwich, CT| Radiologic Technologists
This role is responsible for performing and analyzing patient x-rays and reporting results to Medical Providers. Additional responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of GoHealth Urgent Care Centers. In a collaborative manner, the Lead Radiologic Technologist will provide support to Medical Providers, Medical Assistants and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration required
- Applicable state licensure as a Radiologic Technologist required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software preferred
- Exercise professional judgment to provide health care services, which include applying x-ray energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment of patients in all age groups from newborn to elderly.
- Complete preventive maintenance on radiology equipment to ensure consistent operation. Techniques may include following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques, etc.
- Provide support to staff, including but not limited to daily check-ins, schedule maintenance, and training updates.
- Responsible for submitting accurate and timely deposits.
- Assist with staff training on policies and procedures, including updates as needed.
- Lead and attend internal team meetings as needed.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for patients by providing exceptional customer service.
- Verify insurance information as well as collecting and processing co-pays.
- Schedule patient appointments for the assigned center and/or coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist. Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; complete diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and maintain patient information confidentiality.
- Follow standards and procedures and comply with legal regulations in an effort to maintain safe secure, and healthy work environment.
- Conduct regular clinical and non-clinical stock inventory to ensure supplies are readily available and up to date, including medication review for expiration, order placement, and verification of receipt.
- Perform closing duties such as cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control logs.
- Responsible for sorting daily incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- May be required to perform other duties as needed.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
radiologic technologist jobs, Urgent Care, x-ray, technician, radiology, rad tech, Advanced X-Ray Technician, Diagnostic Imaging Helper, Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman, Radiology Specialist, Job, emergency, healthcare, medical, clinical, health care, clinic, primary care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, has a population of 125,000 and something to offer everyone, with a mix of history, culture, entertainment and excellent restaurants. Hartford’s nearby suburbs are also a great place to live and work. Avon is home to beautiful Found Land Park and a historic one-room schoolhouse. Bloomfield features magnificent Penwood State Park. Roaring Brook Nature Center and Sweetheart Mountain’s tranquil trails are just outside Canton. These communities and others offer welcoming neighborhoods, good schools and an outstanding quality of life.