Lead Payment Posting Associate
Atlanta, GA | Billing
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- 1+ year of related experience and/or training required
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
- Excellent phone, communication, organization skills, computer skills and mathematical skills.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
Medical Terminology & Insurance
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process and confirm bank deposits to source documents received from daily lockbox
- Post daily deposits into practice management system
- Oversee remittance and credit work queues within ECW & Epic.
- Serves as a point of escalation for payment posters and credit analysts to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proactively manages credit and payment work queues to address the staffing needs required to be current for both.
- Trains payment posters and credit analysts to work efficiently within the ECW & Epic environment.
- Reconcile Daily Balancing Spreadsheet and provide daily batches for payment posting batches
- Daily receipt of each payment posters day sheet to confirm payments are posted according to batch total which supports and follows the reconciliation process for payments.
- Clear demonstration that all credit cards have been posted (post 48 hours)
- Any non-reconciling payment provided on the exception worksheet (i.e., cash or checks that were taken to the bank and there is not deposit receipt available to view)
- Any claim with a negative balance will be reviewed for posting correction, missing adjustment, or patient/insurance refund request and send to posters.
- Identify root cause of undistributed credits and provide input on streamlining workflows to prevent undistributed credits
- Review, post and correct ERA and manual checks
- Supports month end payment posting requirements including but not limited to being the resource who needs to backfill for any resources who have fallen behind in payment posting to close the month strong.
- Strong customer service skills; answering client calls; prompt return and follow up to all
- interactions; prompt response to requests for information, both internally and externally.
- Conduct close-of day and close-of-month process and making sure all systems are in balance before closing
- Communicate with Joint Venture partner regarding any payments that are considered paid but funds have not been received to post to patient accounts
- Organize, identify and improve managers workflow through weekly productivity reports
- report challenges and concerns and request need for assistance to Manager.
- Ability to perform the duties of the payment entry specialist and credit analyst.
- Keep manager informed of progress, achievements and issues; assist staff with processes,
- information and workload
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures related to the position, the department and the
- Achieve goals set forth by supervisor regarding error-free work, transactions, processes and
- compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.