Lead Patient Account Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Billing
Position Summary:The Lead Patient Account Specialist (PAS) is responsible for leading the patient account follow-up and billing management. This role coordinates activities, schedules work assignments, and ensures work queues are managed and maintained for the Patient Account team.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of medical billing related experience required
- Two years billing call center experience required
- Proficient in the English language. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong knowledge of medical billing processes, insurance carrier payment policies and practices
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 or medical terminology required
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail, ability to maintain speed while holding up accuracy
- Highly self-motivated and directed in execution of daily responsibilities and identification or resolution of issues within span of authority
- Clear, concise, and professional verbal and written communication skills, proficient in English
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify, research and resolve issues
- Computer and MS Office skills required
- Superior customer service skills
- Proactive decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- (Prioritized) Functional Competencies: to be selected and prioritized by the hiring manager for each position
- EPIC and E-Clinical Works systems experience preferred
- Evaluate and monitor PAS workflow and make adjustments to schedules and assignments as needed to achieve operational goals.
- Directs the Patient Account Services department work load of representatives including auditing work for accuracy and completeness, re-assigning work and establishing priorities.
- Provides procedure guidance and direction to representatives
- May research, resolve or provide direction on representatives escalated issues.
- Trains representatives on policies and procedures.
- Delegates work to representatives, as needed.
- Monitors representatives for quality and training purposes during down times.
- Identify staff training needs and assist with delivery of various training programs.
- Identify and research account issues or questions and follow through to resolution
- Assist team members in resolving complex or escalated issues
- Assist PAS Manager in evaluating and developing team members to their fullest potential
- Assist specialists in procuring the information they require to succeed at their job duties
- Communicate regularly with the Manager in regards to the status of assigned accounts and employee performance.
- Maintain appropriate files and records per policy and department guidelines
- Maintain compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Assist manager with interviewing and evaluating potential new employees
- Motivate team members
- Trains representatives on revenue cycle policies and procedures.
- May develop training materials and tools
- Performs other related duties and special projects, as requested.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.